Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: PHPBB3 + (NickServ & MemoServ)  (Read 4329 times)

KuraKai

• Anope User
PHPBB3 + (NickServ & MemoServ)
« on: September 07, 2008, 06:40:12 AM »

Ok so I am looking into developing a module that will rewrite the NickServ and MemoServ to have them retrieve there information from PHPBB3. I know a decent amount about programming for C, nothing to complex. Anyways I am looking to see if anyone can point me in the right way or give me a few examples into changing how these to services act.

Jan Milants

• Team
Re: PHPBB3 + (NickServ & MemoServ)
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2008, 10:58:41 AM »

a module can add and remove functionality, but can't change how the very core of anope works... a module that just "rewrites Nickserv and Memoserv" isn't possible as parts of both are handled by the core. You can override/add/remove the parts that are in modules simply by unloading those modules, or having your module override them - but in that case they might as well be unloaded.

And about pointing you in the right way... you haven't even said on how you plan to interface with anope.. an IRC client, xmlrpc, mysql commands, ... Also keep in mind the anope core is single threaded and not threadsafe.
There is/was a misc_sqlcmd module which allows you to give anope commands through MySQL, but it was still under development when the author left. Might be worth looking at...
There is also being worked on a new xmlrpc module for 1.8, however it s quite recent and not even development versions are available yet. This is probably a php-side more complicated solution then MySQL, slower as well, but should allow feedback..
And there are of course other posibilities..

If you like me donate coins to 1FBmZVT4J8WAUMHKqpWhgNVj3XXnRN1cCk :)

KuraKai

• Anope User
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2008, 04:25:04 AM »

Sorry, I should of been more clear. I am looking into developing either a module or a complete rewrite of the two sections so that there data can be stored over MySQL along with accessed from MySQL. A single threaded application should have no problem accessing a MySQL server that is on the same computer that it is running as.

Retrieving/Storing of data will be done in such a way that it is in the same format as PhPBB3.

katsklaw

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2008, 11:58:47 AM »

Sorry, I should of been more clear. I am looking into developing either a module or a complete rewrite of the two sections so that there data can be stored over MySQL along with accessed from MySQL. A single threaded application should have no problem accessing a MySQL server that is on the same computer that it is running as.

Retrieving/Storing of data will be done in such a way that it is in the same format as PhPBB3.

Hopefully I can be more clear, as Viper did accurately and completely address your issue.

The short answer is "NO". No a module cannot do this task. It requires changing the core, which we do not support users that chose to do so.

While Anope is indeed an Open Source, GPL licensed application and you are welcome to make changes to the source as long as you do not violate the license agreement, we do not and will not help you with any core modifications at all ... period.

This thread is now locked.
Pages: [1]   Go Up