Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: IGNORE and NOOP via Hostmask  (Read 4337 times)

Kevin

• Anope User
IGNORE and NOOP via Hostmask
« on: April 23, 2012, 02:25:51 PM »

Hi,

I am trying to get IRC Services for my network. I have been trying to debate between anope and another. It should be a no-brainer, and it almost is, except anope doesn't allow a lot of things VIA hostmask. It only recognizes registered nicknames/accounts.

I think it would be REALLY nice to have services be able to add hostmasks to the NOOP list, services IGNORE list, and anything else that doesn't currently take it. Another thing is, allow NOOP for a single usermask because sometimes an oper might need to be removed before the server admin can get to it.

Just some thoughts.

Jan Milants

• Team
Re: IGNORE and NOOP via Hostmask
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2012, 03:01:31 PM »

- in devel branch masks can be added to access lists and permissions can thus be given based on masks (though I am no fan of this as it s very easily exploitable)
 - /os ignore accepts masks and nick.. this is the case for 1.8, so I assume this hasn't changed in 1.9..
 - NOOP is an IRCd feature, anope is simply the messenger for sending the command to the appropriate server because the command has to be send from a ulined server. NOOP works on a server-by-server basis, there is nothing anope can change about that.
If you like me donate coins to 1FBmZVT4J8WAUMHKqpWhgNVj3XXnRN1cCk :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up