Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Database doesnt save nickserv or chanserv register info  (Read 9043 times)

Jim

• Anope User
Database doesnt save nickserv or chanserv register info
« on: January 11, 2014, 12:59:55 AM »

Hey guys, not 100% sure if this is the correct area to post this but im assuming so. Im running Unrealircd with Anope, and right now when i register something and i power off my laptop, it erases the database so i have to re-register.

I posted on Unrealircd's forums and they directed me here and also told me that i need to do:
/msg operserv shutdown

Now when i do this it says:
Code: [Select]
OperServ (services@services.localhost.net): Access Denied (This is after i do /oper nick password as i get a oper error if i dont)
Now what a few searches showed me is that OperServ is not set up with my nick.

What config file do i edit to fix this? And what line needs editing? Ive changed a few different lines but it just ends up failing the anope daemon and i have to change it back to what it was before (Normally its commented out, so i just re-comment it) And It starts again, but database still deletes.

The best line ive found so far was:

Code: [Select]
https://forum.anope.org/index.php?topic=4067.0
And that stopped me from being allowed to run Anope when i uncommented and added my nick, there were other lines that did the same but logically i expected it, this one i didn't, but then again ive never messed with services before lol

I was also told that if i change the interval of when it audo saves that will fix the issue as well, and i have no clue how to do that.

Ive looked on alot of official docs but I've found a ton of conflicting things when it came to setting up Anope, and im honestly scared to rely on that for this as its running fine, just needs some configuring. After this ill be able to backup and make changes easier as ill have more permissions.

If anyone has any ideas, please let me know

(Also, if this matters, /etc/unrealircd/ is set to me:wheel, and /etc/anope/ is set to anope:anope)

Thanks in advance for any help :)
« Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 01:02:55 AM by Jim »

katsklaw

• Supporter
  • Anope User
Re: Database doesnt save nickserv or chanserv register info
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2014, 09:10:34 AM »

Hi Jim. nice to see you here too! :) Assuming you use Anope 1.8.

For access denied, this is because you are trying to issue OperServ commands and you are not recognised by OperServ as having access to perform the command.

By default you must:
1. be an IRCop, this is via the /oper command on your IRCd.
2. You must be identified to a registered nick that is on the correct services access list. Services Root for example.
3. You need an asterisk (*) next to your nick in the output of the /msg OperServ STAFF command. This happens after you have completed steps 1 and 2 above.

To add yourself as a Services Root, you edit services.confand add your registered IRC nick to the ServicesRoot directive. After you save the file you must restart Anope with ./anoperc restart from your shell, not IRC.

For the db save failure, it could be file permissions. By default Anope autosaves it's db file every 5 minutes. If a save fails you should see messages in your services logs. I assume this is likely the issue since both Unreal and Anope are written to be run as a normal user in a users directory. Running as root or the like is not a normal practice in todays IRC world but can be done but you need some advanced skills, additional steps and should only do so if you have a true need for it. I suggest you re-install both Unreal and Anope as normal users in a normal shell and if you have the same issues then post on the forum for your version. IE: 1.8 or 1.9. You do not have to install them as the same user, they can be different users. However, it's easier to install them both as the same user.

Hope that helps.
Pages: [1]   Go Up