Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HelpServ module to be more of a help  (Read 7754 times)

Jacobhunter

HelpServ module to be more of a help
« on: January 05, 2008, 11:31:18 PM »

a module that adds like the helpserv of the srvx, so that when you join #help(or other help channel) and type /support My problem here
the people in #support get the message and can help

[Edited on 5-1-2008 by Jacobhunter]

N0valyfe

• Anope User
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2008, 02:25:45 PM »

Well, what would be the point because you can go into the offical help channel and ask the question?

liammarksmith

• Anope User
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2008, 02:38:48 PM »

Yer there isn't much point in a module like that. But it could be usefull for the "Can't Be Bothered" people

katsklaw

(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2008, 02:50:56 PM »

Originally posted by N0valyfe
Well, what would be the point because you can go into the offical help channel and ask the question?

The help bot is 24/7, human helpers are not always present 24/7.

X3/srvx helpop system is a trouble ticket system where a user asks their question to the bot and as long as they do not leave the channel it stays in queue for the human helpers to sift through and help the user even if the question was asked before the help joined. X3/srvx HelpServ trouble tickets can be assigned to specific helpers, helpers are assigned by helper managers there is also statistics available to managers as to which users helper has helped whom and when, for how long  and the overall help systems activity. Helpers also do not need to be IRCops in Services specific help channels. The help system is generic enough to be used in any kind of Help Channel regardless of topic.

The helpserv system is multi-channel so you can have completely different helper bots in each channel as well as different helper staff and statistics.

This is drasticlly different from the "HelplessServ" that traditional IRC Services packages have that simply tell you to msg the bot you are asking about. This can be useful when a non-urgent issue arises and no helpers are in the help channel.

I've lost count of the number of times I've entered an empty help channel and idled waiting for a helper, even on larger networks like DALnet with 35,000 users. With the X3/srvx help system I'd still need to idle, but my help request is logged and timestamped waiting for someone that can help.

It's too late for this to be a core feature for Anope-1.8 Stable. However, perhaps it can be discussed as a possible feature in the next development branch.

Originally posted by liammarksmith
Yer there isn't much point in a module like that. But it could be usefull for the "Can't Be Bothered" people

Not true, it's actualy a rather well thought out system. "Cant be bothered" people need to just stay out of the help channel or lose their status, which ever applies to the scenario.

liammarksmith

• Anope User
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2008, 04:45:31 PM »

You got allot of points their. I suppose i didn't fully understand what he was expressing.

Yes that would most probably a good module to have.

Jacobhunter

(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2008, 05:59:05 AM »

Originally posted by katsklaw
Originally posted by N0valyfe

The help bot is 24/7, human helpers are not always present 24/7.

X3/srvx helpop system is a trouble ticket system where a user asks their question to the bot and as long as they do not leave the channel it stays in queue for the human helpers to sift through and help the user even if the question was asked before the help joined. X3/srvx HelpServ trouble tickets can be assigned to specific helpers, helpers are assigned by helper managers there is also statistics available to managers as to which users helper has helped whom and when, for how long  and the overall help systems activity. Helpers also do not need to be IRCops in Services specific help channels. The help system is generic enough to be used in any kind of Help Channel regardless of topic.

The helpserv system is multi-channel so you can have completely different helper bots in each channel as well as different helper staff and statistics.

This is drasticlly different from the "HelplessServ" that traditional IRC Services packages have that simply tell you to msg the bot you are asking about. This can be useful when a non-urgent issue arises and no helpers are in the help channel.

I've lost count of the number of times I've entered an empty help channel and idled waiting for a helper, even on larger networks like DALnet with 35,000 users. With the X3/srvx help system I'd still need to idle, but my help request is logged and timestamped waiting for someone that can help.

It's too late for this to be a core feature for Anope-1.8 Stable. However, perhaps it can be discussed as a possible feature in the next development branch.

Originally posted by liammarksmith

Not true, it's actualy a rather well thought out system. "Cant be bothered" people need to just stay out of the help channel or lose their status, which ever applies to the scenario.

Exactly what i was talking about, i mean thats perfect for it, can be alot of help
Pages: [1]   Go Up