Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: eggdrop as service bot?  (Read 10896 times)

pietjepuk

eggdrop as service bot?
« on: August 21, 2007, 11:51:36 AM »

Hi,

I am using unrealircd with anope services. Now I use an eggdrop and mysql to announce some stuff. The problem is when it announce, each line takes 1 or 2 secs, so if it announce like 10 lines, it will take about 20 - 30 secs.
the mysql query sents the line in less then 1 sec.

I know someservers that has the same thing, but the announcemnet lines are sent very fast. I asked a oper and he told me it is a service bot.

So my question is, where can i find some information about such a service bot? And is it used with eggdrop, or is it just a bot on its won? Search the internet but couldnt find anyting, so maybe some one here can help.

Louisthemoose

• Anope User
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2007, 12:53:39 PM »

There are eggdrops to do just about anything you want ,  I have one in each room , that answer to triggers and give people information and instructions ,  also when I have something new to annonce they take care of that also ,  they are very fast , and multi chanel.

Hope this helps you a bit.

EvilSeph

(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2007, 07:34:07 PM »

The simple answer is to oper up the bot. But in order to avoid the obvious security issues that come with doing that - limit the bot's o:flags.

katsklaw

(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2007, 01:23:00 AM »

The simple answer is actually No, your eggdrop can not be a services bot. A Services bot runs as a service, connects to the Services' ircd (internal function, doesn't mean other clients can connect to it). Services Bots are ulined and have special access that no eggdrop should ever be granted for obvious security reasons.

You can search the modules site: http:/modules.anope.org and see if there is a module that can help you do what you want, but I doubt it.

[Edited on 22-8-2007 by katsklaw]

MrStonedone

• Anope User
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2008, 09:13:57 AM »

the slowness is due to eggdrops queuing system... use this to bypass it
Code: [Select]
proc putnow {a {options "-normal"}} {
append a "\n"
putdccraw 0 [string length $a] $a
}

then just use putnow in ur scripts

(you can rename the proc to be putserv or putquick if your lazy)

or you just disable all queuing in tcl scripts (eggdrop module msgs still get queued thou) with this:

Code: [Select]
rename putserv ""
rename putquick ""
rename puthelp ""
proc putserv {text {options "-normal"}} {
  putnow $text
}
proc putquick {text {options "-normal"}} {
  putnow $text
}
proc puthelp {text {options "-normal"}} {
  putnow $text
}

(still needs that 1st bit of code)

katsklaw

(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2008, 01:26:48 PM »

Moved to General since this thread is more about eggdrops now and MrStonedOne failed to notice this thread is more than 6 months old.
Pages: [1]   Go Up