Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cs_autovoice reg not working  (Read 12833 times)

Ansib Nabi

• Anope User
Cs_autovoice reg not working
« on: July 18, 2013, 05:00:36 PM »

Hello guys, i'm getting a lot of regularly new people on my server and i've been trying to get the cs_autovoice module to work to no avail. I've tried setting it to reg and it still voices users who have not identified. Anyone know what could be the problem? I've looked around but haven't found any solutions.

katsklaw

• Supporter
  • Anope User
Re: Cs_autovoice reg not working
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2013, 05:24:24 PM »

No one will know what's wrong until "not working" is defined. In other words, we can't help unless you have error message.

Yoerger

• Contributor
    • Fletzia Secure Services
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2013, 05:28:06 PM »

Hey MrPie, as katsklaw said it is hard to assist you without a bit more information. Firstly, ensure that the registration option is set properly. However, if you are not being outputted an error message, its likely some form of setup is missing.
Yoerger
Support Contributor / Wiki Administrator
Anope IRC Services

Ansib Nabi

• Anope User
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2013, 07:03:25 PM »

Yep, i dont get any error messages. Chanserv seems to be voicing everyone who joins regardless if they are identified or not. i do /cs autovoice #channel reg and nothing happens but it does confirm that
Autovoice option for #xvinitychat is currently set to registered users.

Is there something i've turned on unknowingly that could be voicing everyone who joins?

Yoerger

• Contributor
    • Fletzia Secure Services
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2013, 08:09:09 PM »

The only way ChanServ will voice someone is if either they are set to VOP (or if you have the XOP system off and give them access level 3). However, the cs_autovoice modification will voice users automatically. It appears to be an error with the setup of the modification. Not ChanServ or Anope.

What version of the modification are you using vs your anope version? There could also be a compatibility issue.
Yoerger
Support Contributor / Wiki Administrator
Anope IRC Services

Ansib Nabi

• Anope User
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2013, 03:05:54 AM »

Thanks for the reply. I'm using Anope 1.8.8 and the Cs module version is 2.0.0 (unsupported build)

Ansib Nabi

• Anope User
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2013, 04:02:26 PM »

One of my users found out that Chanserv gives them voice after they leave the channel and rejoin from status. What could be causing Chanserv to not give Voice as soon as they join the first time around but then give it on rejoin?

Jan Milants

• Team
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2013, 03:34:57 PM »

One of my users found out that Chanserv gives them voice after they leave the channel and rejoin from status. What could be causing Chanserv to not give Voice as soon as they join the first time around but then give it on rejoin?
the user joining before identifying and set modes on identify (NSModeOnID) being disabled. Additionally there s a setting (AutoOP) that allows users to disable getting modes on identify on a per user basis.

and cs_autovoice is ancient... not sure whether it s still compatible with latest anope. according to one of the comments it doesn't even load tho...
can't test atm as my laptop broke down..  :(
If you like me donate coins to 1FBmZVT4J8WAUMHKqpWhgNVj3XXnRN1cCk :)

Ansib Nabi

• Anope User
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2013, 04:58:12 AM »

the user joining before identifying and set modes on identify (NSModeOnID) being disabled. Additionally there s a setting (AutoOP) that allows users to disable getting modes on identify on a per user basis.

NSModeOnID has been enabled ever since. And the users are newbies to irc and most connect through qwebirc so i don't think they are manually deactivating that. Still not sure what the issue is :/ Just to clarify, that user was already identified, but rejoining the channel made Chanserv give him his voice.

Ansib Nabi

• Anope User
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2013, 05:41:42 PM »

Bumpity Bump. Any ideas guys? Keep having people asking me where their voice + is...

Jan Milants

• Team
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2013, 09:24:28 AM »

And AutoOP? Is it enabled for those users & for newly registered nicks in services.conf (NSDefAutoop)?

Since this are mostly web chat users, I suspect they join the channel first, before having identified to nickserv, thus chanserv has to apply the modes after join, hence why I suspected NSModeOnID.. that would perfectly match with your description of chanserv setting the mode after a rejoin.

Also, what modules do you have loaded? Maybe one of those is interfering with the mode setting..

Ansib Nabi

• Anope User
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2013, 10:03:56 PM »

And AutoOP? Is it enabled for those users & for newly registered nicks in services.conf (NSDefAutoop)?

Since this are mostly web chat users, I suspect they join the channel first, before having identified to nickserv, thus chanserv has to apply the modes after join, hence why I suspected NSModeOnID.. that would perfectly match with your description of chanserv setting the mode after a rejoin.

Also, what modules do you have loaded? Maybe one of those is interfering with the mode setting..

AutoOP is uncommented from the services.conf.

I know many people say just add them to the access list. But can you imagine doing that for every new user that joins? I dont. And you are correct Jan Milants, it joins them into a channel as soon as they hit connect from the webchat so that would probably be the reason why people get their +v once they identify and re-join the channel. What can i do so that Chanserv gives them their voice when they join the first time around?

The only module i downloaded was cs_autovoice. Apart from that, everything else is core. I have tried uncommenting and commenting NSModeOnID and neither have worked :(
« Last Edit: August 02, 2013, 10:19:28 PM by MrPie »

Jan Milants

• Team
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2013, 01:23:12 PM »

If the user is on the access list, and identifies with nickserv and doesn't get a voice, that s an issue...
If on the other hand, the user isn't on the access list and identifies, but doesn't get a voice, that s to be expected... That s because you are relying on the cs_autovoice module, which from the looks of it only sets +v when users join a channel it monitors. It doesn't contain any logic for handling events like a nickserv identify. As such, +v set by cs_autovoice will not be applied to users already in a channel when they ID; it will be applied if the +v is controlled by the access list as anope handles this.

The way I see it, the module will only give unidentified users +v on join if you set it to voice all users...

Ansib Nabi

• Anope User
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2013, 02:39:41 PM »

I see. I have been on one IRC server and they had newly registered and identified people get +v on join everytime they identified. Is there some module or something that automatically adds them to the access list when they register? I think that would solve this problem.

Ansib Nabi

• Anope User
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2013, 06:05:13 PM »

Bumpity Bump. Anyone?

Jan Milants

• Team
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2013, 08:57:57 AM »

To my knowledge there is no module that automatically adds users to an access list upon registration..

A long time ago anope used to consider unregistered users level -1 and registered users 0.. this was changed at one point as it was the easiest fix for a bug, but the old behaviour allowed auto-voicing of registered users. I think 1.9 uses the old behaviour again..
Having said that, I also prefer the old -1=unregged/0=regged system and run a slightly modified 1.8 which restores the old behaviour so I can make the distinction on access lists..
I may have posted the .patch for the change (and a module to sanitize the DB) at some point (under "cs_lvl_unid" I think), but not sure I should recommend it as it is modifying the anope source after all..  ::)

katsklaw

• Supporter
  • Anope User
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2013, 06:18:44 PM »

I can tell you what the problem is. NSModeOnID won't help because it only grants access to those on the channels access list. Since the users in question here are not, then it doesn't apply.

You have basically 2 choices here:

1> Disable xop and set autovoice level to 1 (this is by far the easiest and quickest solution).
2> Have someone, preferably the module author, code in a hook to EVENT_NS_IDENTIFY that cycles  through the list of channels in the modules db and applies the modes.

#2 above is the *only* way to "fix" this issue with Anope 1.8 and still use XOP.

#1 may not sound appealing to someone that would rather just use XOP, but that's just the way it is. XOP is a very simplistic interface that doesn't allow for finer grained control, which is what you are doing. Access levels however are designed to do exactly what you are attempting. They are not hard to learn and IMHO you will be happier in the end if you used levels instead of XOP in this specific channel.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 06:22:08 PM by katsklaw »

Ansib Nabi

• Anope User
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2013, 03:32:56 PM »

That sucks. I've seen a chat that does give voice on register so i was just wondering if i could do it. At the moment i'm just manually adding people to the access list.

@Katsklaw i tried turning xop off and setting autovoice to 1 but nothing happened.

Thanks for your helps guys :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up