Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: We really need web intergration, pretty please :D  (Read 8495 times)

neo5287

• Anope User
We really need web intergration, pretty please :D
« on: March 02, 2009, 08:39:14 AM »

Hi,

I really need web intergration. I would love to be able to use PHP to manipulate anope, at a minimum I really need to create users (also checking if they exisit already) so I can intergrate this with my user registration process. I have been told you are waiting on live mysql to be implemented, do you have any idea if this will be included in future releases?

Kind Regards
Niall

Andrew B.

• o.O
  • Contributor
    • Keyboard-Failure
Re: We really need web intergration, pretty please :D
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2009, 08:46:22 AM »

Could be speculation, but with the integration of Denora in 1.9 and the reworking of mysql in Anope in 1.9 -- I suspect we may have phpAnope (as mentioned on Denora's website).

I've always thought manipulating Anope (or anything IRC) via the web would be awesome..

It's probably fairly far off though.. If I recall mysql's reworking was scheduled for 1.9.1 -- it was just pushed back to 1.9.2's release.
Andrew Berquist,

irc.kbfail.net

neo5287

• Anope User
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2009, 10:56:05 AM »

Thanks a lot for the fast reply, your mention of phpAnope got me on google, theres not an awful lot of info about it, I get the feeling from your post it may somthing that could of of use for my problem in the future. Where as others claim that it can do what I am looking to do, can anyone shed some light on phpAnope?

Amanda Folson

• Anope User
  • O_O
    • ZomgIRC
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2009, 11:01:55 AM »

Yes, there are plans for phpAnope and live SQL, however it's not going to be implemented for a while.

phpAnope will more than likely be tailored towards Denora (at least initially) however it paves the way for people to make their own interfaces to interact with services.

Dave Robson

• Team
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2009, 11:06:53 AM »

Going back to the original question I think phpAnope and denora are completely irrelevant to what you asked about.  You will need to:

a) Wait for live SQL (still wont give you everything you want) 
b) Wait for more established XMLRPC support (will give you everything you want)
b) look at one of the XMLRPC modules out there already (will need work, but atleast one can do what you want) 
c) develop a custom solution yourself

neo5287

• Anope User
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2009, 11:15:40 AM »

Thanks for some great replys, Im looking at xml-rpc but not quite sure what to be looking for in terms of a module, as you can tell I am new to this :(

Kind Regards
Niall

Amanda Folson

• Anope User
  • O_O
    • ZomgIRC
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2009, 11:18:48 AM »

There's one called extsock, however you'd be pretty much on your own for the php side of things. I've extended what's floating out there a little bit but I stopped messing with it :/

mooncup

• Contributor
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2009, 11:19:31 AM »

Going back to the original question I think phpAnope and denora are completely irrelevant to what you asked about.  You will need to:

a) Wait for live SQL (still wont give you everything you want) 
b) Wait for more established XMLRPC support (will give you everything you want)
b) look at one of the XMLRPC modules out there already (will need work, but atleast one can do what you want) 
c) develop a custom solution yourself
d) LDAP!

neo5287

• Anope User
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2009, 11:53:58 AM »

Thanks so much for everyones help, im stuck, i dont have the skills to develop somthing myself, and anope has no built in feature :( I guess it means I will have to change from Anope to something else if im that despirate... somthing I dont want to do either :(

Thanks again to everyone who replied!!

Niall
Pages: [1]   Go Up