Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: misc_sqlcmd users read: new registrants auto identified  (Read 5317 times)

Aikar

• Anope User
misc_sqlcmd users read: new registrants auto identified
« on: August 17, 2008, 09:50:00 AM »

--- note: i was typing this post but figured out what was wrong before i submitted, so read entire post to see the fix for it at end ---
Ok so i'm trying to register nicknames from my website, and besides the whole 'not in phase 3 for mysql on anope' making it very difficult to find out if a nickname is registered or not, ive encountered a very odd issue.

If I register a nickname with this module, it creates just fine. However, the access list is screwed for first login or something.

Whoever logs into a nick name registered through misc_sqlcmd is automatically identified with full access to that nickname even without supplying password, however they do not get mode +r

Its odd, but /ns logout then identify again and its fine, or connect and be bugged auto identify -> disconnect -> reconnect will lead back to needing to use password.

The very first login only is bugged..

After considering what was wrong, i thought about maybe the 'is currently identified flag isnt being set to false on register'.

And I was right, but the author seems to of intentionally did it..

misc_sqlcmd_nick.c line 175
Code: [Select]
na->status = (int16) (NS_IDENTIFIED | NS_RECOGNIZED);
This is causing the problem, and simply replacing with
na->status = (int16) 0;

Remedies the issue.

Kinda sad the developer of this module has vanished :/ as its very useful until anope is at the point of not needing it (which will likely be a long time) but hopefully this will help some others experiencing this issue.

katsklaw

Re: misc_sqlcmd users read: new registrants auto identified
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2008, 11:48:23 AM »

All Anope modules must be GPL licensed so you are welcome to pick up development of this module at any time.

Aikar

• Anope User
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2008, 08:30:57 PM »

I would try if I wasnt already over loaded with another program I work on :( Already have people begging me to release updates thats been delayed due to me setting up my irc network lol.

Jan Milants

• Team
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2008, 08:46:29 PM »

i was planning on taking a peek at the module, but since my todo list isn't exactly lightweight it wouldn't include any changes anytime soon..
If you like me donate coins to 1FBmZVT4J8WAUMHKqpWhgNVj3XXnRN1cCk :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up