Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Custom IRCd Modes (via Modules)  (Read 2764 times)

TwinShadow

• Anope User
    • ShadowHime
Custom IRCd Modes (via Modules)
« on: October 22, 2008, 07:59:26 PM »

Well, Unreal and InspIRCd are both modular IRCd's, but I don't know much about Unreal myself. However, I noticed one thing that might need a fix or something.

I have two particular modules loaded that are not recognized by Anope and thus, I can't MLOCK them so they would stick. One is +F for nick floods, and the other is +j for join floods. This, far as I know, pertains to InspIRCd, so I don't know about others with the same characters or not. As far as I know, this may be true for some other modules, but it seems that not all are affected by it.

Anyway, the way that both of them are set is /mode #channel +Fj 4:8 4:8.

I probably should mention that I do admit, I'm using a somewhat outdated version of Anope, 1.7.21 since there are some modules that haven't been fully updated to .24 (or rather, .23 at the time before .24 was released). I'm not advanced enough about Linux to know how to patch files, and even after searching Google, I'm still clueless. Reason is I use the bs_fantasy_ext module and I've heard the patch has a couple bugs in it that were rather annoying it seems.

katsklaw

Re: Custom IRCd Modes (via Modules)
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2008, 09:12:10 PM »

This is a known issue. Those mode can not be mlocked because of db compatability and is scheduled to be fixed after 1.8 Stable is released.

TwinShadow

• Anope User
    • ShadowHime
Re: Custom IRCd Modes (via Modules)
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2008, 09:59:47 PM »

I see, that will be quite the wait then. But oh well.
Pages: [1]   Go Up