Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problems with ns_cert, sasl and others...  (Read 5757 times)

Dave Murray

• Anope User
Problems with ns_cert, sasl and others...
« on: April 01, 2014, 12:56:04 PM »

Hello anope community. Its my first post here :)
I have some problems with the new anope 2.0 stable release :)

when im trying to use the /nickserv cert command (it is enabled in the nickserv.conf) im getting this: NickServ- Unknown command cert. "/msg NickServ HELP" for help.
In the "#services" channel, which is all pseudoclients joined, im getting this: <@NickServ> Command CERT exists on me, but its service nickserv/cert was not found!

Strange right? Im checking in the services log for anything related, and im seeing:

Error while loading ns_cert: Your IRCd does not support ssl client certificates

My IRCD which is UnrealIRCD 3.2.10.2, i think it support sasl with the directive: set::sasl-server. I have already set it, and point it to the services server which is the anope.
In the anope modules.conf, i have make the needed changes, for autoloading the sasl modules like m_sasl, sasl aes/blowfish etc...
UnrealIRCD also, he have support for client certificates as i know, using fingerprints, using fingerprints for passwords in the conf...

I dont know what else i can do... for enabling the /nickserv cert command properly.. Any clues/ideas?

Adam

• Team
Re: Problems with ns_cert, sasl and others...
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2014, 04:29:52 PM »

UnrealIRCd does not support certfp, nor does it support SASL EXTERNAL. It does support the other SASL mechs, though, which you can use.

Dave Murray

• Anope User
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2014, 08:07:32 PM »

oh I see, my mistake, i didn't read in details about what it supports (unrealircd)
Anyway, my concern is how to use unrealircd and anope latest stable release, and make the nickserv cert work.
If i cannot make it work, i will switch the whole ircd, in for example, inspircd, Charybdis etc..

Adam

• Team
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2014, 08:08:27 PM »

You would need to switch to another IRCd. I'd recommend InspIRCd.

Dave Murray

• Anope User
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2014, 08:14:55 PM »

thanks :) case "solved" then, as i understand, its unrealircd "problem", not anope :)

Pages: [1]   Go Up