Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14   Go Down

Author Topic: bs_fantasy_ext (Version 1.4.1 Released - Critical update!)  (Read 254859 times)

SNU

• Anope User
    • http://www.firstclassirc.com
(No subject)
« Reply #125 on: April 05, 2007, 10:45:30 PM »

bs_fantasy_ext just provides an extended range of botserv-fantasy commands which also available in th common way by /msg chanserv ... /msg nickserv etc...

So which common command should do your sync? :D I would think you're requesting a new module, but I also don't understand what you mean what it should do.

Jan Milants

• Team
(No subject)
« Reply #126 on: April 07, 2007, 09:36:06 AM »

RC3: http://vips.hopto.org/~viper/bs_fantasy_ext-1.1.12.tar.gz

this should (hopefully) permanently resolve the mlock issue...
and if there s no further bugreports i ll simply have to wait for the mods site to be fixed to uplaod the final..

and yes while bs_fantasy_ext usually just provides fantasy access to allready existing commands, there are exceptions, like the modification to the !op and !kb or additions like !staff or !mute
i simply don't understand what the !sync command would do though so can't say whether i d add it...
If you like me donate coins to 1FBmZVT4J8WAUMHKqpWhgNVj3XXnRN1cCk :)

Slutwig

• Anope User
(No subject)
« Reply #127 on: April 07, 2007, 01:36:33 PM »

Well basicly this will syncronise the user list of the chan (@/%/+) with the access list. of chanserv.

There is a similar command in srvx.

SNU

• Anope User
(No subject)
« Reply #128 on: April 07, 2007, 05:13:50 PM »

thanks Viper seems to run perfectly :D

katsklaw

(No subject)
« Reply #129 on: April 07, 2007, 07:43:33 PM »

Originally posted by Slutwig
Well basicly this will syncronise the user list of the chan (@/%/+) with the access list. of chanserv.

There is a similar command in srvx.

Ok, if you are refering to the classic definition of synchronize, then there isn't anything services can do about it because desyncs only happen in 2 places, at the client, which means the user needs to cycle the channel, and at the server, which can only be solved by destroying and creating the channel. In either case, services is powerless. Except perhaps a well placed masskick. Which shouldn't happen so often that there is a need for a public command for it.

If you are refering to an event such as re-assigning proper op levels as seen by Services, then that can get very annoying very fast. Personally speaking, most of the time I am not opped in channels I have op level access in except for channels where the @ symbol it's self represents a person of authority, and if some yahoo op continually runs the !sync command and oping me I'm going to get pissed! If I wanted ops I'd have ops! I know I'm not alone in that opinion either. Same is true for the reverse. If I'm testing out a user to see if they are going to make a good addition to the chanops list .. I don't want the same yahoo chanop using the !sync command 500 times a day and deopping my trainee! In addition to that, there is a resource usage added everytime the command is executed. Granted, this resource addition isn't very noticable on a tiny network, but lets face it .. not everyone has a tiny network. If you insist on having ops enforced, turn on SecureOps and forget it. If you are the type that thinks that every op should have their @ badge on at all times, then you should lighten up and stop being such the tyrant! ;)

You shouldn't force users to maintain their status on a channel. It's their status and many users are turned off by the fact that 99% of the people in channel are opped. Not to mention that ops can still enforce rules and kickban users without having their @ badge on.

As a side note, just because another services package has a specific command .. doesn't instantly make the command useful. :)

SNU

• Anope User
(No subject)
« Reply #130 on: April 08, 2007, 05:59:38 PM »

Haha I think I found a funny bug. But Im not sure if its really of bs_fantasy_ext:

is a user uses !kick ... he usually gets kicked. if the correct level for "kickme" is set.
But if I set:
/cs levels #chan set kickme -1 (or by fantasy_ext: !levels set kickme -1)

within !kick only users with level 0 or above get kicked! unregistered users (with level -1) DONT get kicked with !kick
But they might use: /cs kick #chan and will get kicked!

So maybe the value -1 isnt noticed :D

(Sorry Viper to harm you with this stuff :D )

[Bearbeitet am 8-4-2007 von SNU]

michaelh

(No subject)
« Reply #131 on: April 13, 2007, 01:21:12 PM »

When I try to compile (using FC5, Linux) I get the following:
In file included from channels.c:16:
language.h:193: error: 'CHAN_AOP_SYNTAX' undeclared here (not in a function)
language.h:193: error: 'CHAN_AOP_DISABLED' undeclared here (not in a function)
language.h:193: error: 'CHAN_AOP_NICKS_ONLY' undeclared here (not in a function)
language.h:193: error: 'CHAN_AOP_ADDED' undeclared here (not in a function)
language.h:193: error: 'CHAN_AOP_MOVED' undeclared here (not in a function)
language.h:194: error: 'CHAN_AOP_NO_SUCH_ENTRY' undeclared here (not in a function)
language.h:194: error: 'CHAN_AOP_NOT_FOUND' undeclared here (not in a function)
language.h:194: error: 'CHAN_AOP_NO_MATCH' undeclared here (not in a function)
language.h:194: error: 'CHAN_AOP_DELETED' undeclared here (not in a function)
language.h:194: error: 'CHAN_AOP_DELETED_ONE' undeclared here (not in a function)
language.h:195: error: 'CHAN_AOP_DELETED_SEVERAL' undeclared here (not in a function)
language.h:195: error: 'CHAN_AOP_LIST_EMPTY' undeclared here (not in a function)
language.h:195: error: 'CHAN_AOP_LIST_HEADER' undeclared here (not in a function)
language.h:195: error: 'CHAN_AOP_CLEAR' undeclared here (not in a function)
language.h:197: error: 'CHAN_SOP_SYNTAX' undeclared here (not in a function)
language.h:197: error: 'CHAN_SOP_DISABLED' undeclared here (not in a function)
language.h:197: error: 'CHAN_SOP_NICKS_ONLY' undeclared here (not in a function)
language.h:197: error: 'CHAN_SOP_ADDED' undeclared here (not in a function)
language.h:197: error: 'CHAN_SOP_MOVED' undeclared here (not in a function)
language.h:198: error: 'CHAN_SOP_NO_SUCH_ENTRY' undeclared here (not in a function)
language.h:198: error: 'CHAN_SOP_NOT_FOUND' undeclared here (not in a function)
language.h:198: error: 'CHAN_SOP_NO_MATCH' undeclared here (not in a function)
language.h:198: error: 'CHAN_SOP_DELETED' undeclared here (not in a function)
language.h:198: error: 'CHAN_SOP_DELETED_ONE' undeclared here (not in a function)
language.h:199: error: 'CHAN_SOP_DELETED_SEVERAL' undeclared here (not in a function)
language.h:199: error: 'CHAN_SOP_LIST_EMPTY' undeclared here (not in a function)
language.h:199: error: 'CHAN_SOP_LIST_HEADER' undeclared here (not in a function)
language.h:199: error: 'CHAN_SOP_CLEAR' undeclared here (not in a function)
language.h:201: error: 'CHAN_VOP_SYNTAX' undeclared here (not in a function)
language.h:201: error: 'CHAN_VOP_DISABLED' undeclared here (not in a function)
language.h:201: error: 'CHAN_VOP_NICKS_ONLY' undeclared here (not in a function)
language.h:201: error: 'CHAN_VOP_ADDED' undeclared here (not in a function)
language.h:201: error: 'CHAN_VOP_MOVED' undeclared here (not in a function)
language.h:202: error: 'CHAN_VOP_NO_SUCH_ENTRY' undeclared here (not in a function)
language.h:202: error: 'CHAN_VOP_NOT_FOUND' undeclared here (not in a function)
language.h:202: error: 'CHAN_VOP_NO_MATCH' undeclared here (not in a function)
language.h:202: error: 'CHAN_VOP_DELETED' undeclared here (not in a function)
language.h:202: error: 'CHAN_VOP_DELETED_ONE' undeclared here (not in a function)
language.h:203: error: 'CHAN_VOP_DELETED_SEVERAL' undeclared here (not in a function)
language.h:203: error: 'CHAN_VOP_LIST_EMPTY' undeclared here (not in a function)
language.h:203: error: 'CHAN_VOP_LIST_HEADER' undeclared here (not in a function)
language.h:203: error: 'CHAN_VOP_CLEAR' undeclared here (not in a function)
language.h:205: error: 'CHAN_HOP_SYNTAX' undeclared here (not in a function)
language.h:205: error: 'CHAN_HOP_DISABLED' undeclared here (not in a function)
language.h:205: error: 'CHAN_HOP_NICKS_ONLY' undeclared here (not in a function)
language.h:205: error: 'CHAN_HOP_ADDED' undeclared here (not in a function)
language.h:205: error: 'CHAN_HOP_MOVED' undeclared here (not in a function)
language.h:206: error: 'CHAN_HOP_NO_SUCH_ENTRY' undeclared here (not in a function)
language.h:206: error: 'CHAN_HOP_NOT_FOUND' undeclared here (not in a function)
language.h:206: error: 'CHAN_HOP_NO_MATCH' undeclared here (not in a function)
language.h:206: error: 'CHAN_HOP_DELETED' undeclared here (not in a function)
language.h:206: error: 'CHAN_HOP_DELETED_ONE' undeclared here (not in a function)
language.h:207: error: 'CHAN_HOP_DELETED_SEVERAL' undeclared here (not in a function)
language.h:207: error: 'CHAN_HOP_LIST_EMPTY' undeclared here (not in a function)
language.h:207: error: 'CHAN_HOP_LIST_HEADER' undeclared here (not in a function)
language.h:207: error: 'CHAN_HOP_CLEAR' undeclared here (not in a function)
channels.c: In function 'chan_adduser2':
channels.c:1528: error: 'MEMO_X_ONE_NOTICE' undeclared (first use in this function)
channels.c:1528: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
channels.c:1528: error: for each function it appears in.)
channels.c:1531: error: 'MEMO_X_MANY_NOTICE' undeclared (first use in this function)
make[1]: *** [channels.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/anope-1.7.18/src'
make: *** [build] Error 2

Help anyone?

owine

• Anope User
(No subject)
« Reply #132 on: April 13, 2007, 09:15:58 PM »

Originally posted by michaelh[snipped]
Help anyone?

You need to put the files in the anope-1.7.x/src/modules folder. Not the src folder.

SNU

• Anope User
(No subject)
« Reply #133 on: April 19, 2007, 05:44:58 PM »

Hi Viper. I found a new Bug:

NOTE: I am Services root but but /os set superadmin was OFF. If users are doing this nothing happens. So it seems only happen to services roots or services opers... maybe there conflicts also something with UnrealIRCD-opers because Iam also oper there :D hehe

here the log (I renamed my servicebot to "ServiceBot"):

[18:27]   SNU: !up followed by large text crashes services
[18:27]   notice by ServiceBot : SYNTAX: !up|followed by large text crashes servicesdown [nick]
[18:27]   notice by ServiceBot : *** Global -- from services.myircnet.com: PANIC! buffer = :SNU PRIVMSG #chan :!up followed by large text crashes services
[18:27]   notice by server1.myircnet.com: *** LocOps -- Server services.myircnet.com[127.0.0.1] closed the connection
[18:27]   ServiceBot (Bot@bots.myircnet.com) disconnected: server1.myircnet.com services.myircnet.com

Have fun finding a fix :D I cant tst itz much more, because my IRCD is running and should not cras so much ^^ :D But a Bit im interested in testing ^^ :D

[Bearbeitet am 19-4-2007 von SNU]

[Bearbeitet am 19-4-2007 von SNU]

Jan Milants

• Team
(No subject)
« Reply #134 on: April 27, 2007, 01:30:55 PM »

actually from what i can tell, it didn't even need the large amount of text... it had simply forgot to send an extra param along... when i tried it, it crashed whenever !up was issued with an extra param that wasn't a valid nick...

fix under way, will edit this post to include a link to RC4 when it s ready.. hope that ll be the last rc b4 new version :)
(maybe stop looking or bugs for a while or so? ;) .. jk :+)

[Edited on 27-4-2007 by Viper]

Chad

(No subject)
« Reply #135 on: May 07, 2007, 02:00:59 PM »

Code: [Select]
All done!  Now run "make" (or possibly "gmake") to compile your modules.
See the INSTALL, README and FAQ files if you have any problems.
make[1]: Entering directory `/root/Anope/modules'
make[1]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/Anope/modules'

I put the folder into the modules folder, and returned to the main source folder, and typed make modules.

What did I do wrong this time?

SNU

• Anope User
(No subject)
« Reply #136 on: May 08, 2007, 11:45:31 AM »

I wouldn't run it as root :D Buts your decision and not the cause.

And what I can tell u is that Im used to have 2 folders:
The source folder: /home/<username>/<somewhere>/Anope-1.7.18/
and the bin-folder (the common one): /home/<username>/services/

And to make modules I have to put the module-sourcefile (in this case the bs_fantasy_ext FOLDER with its files) into "/home/<username>/<somewhere>/Anope-1.7.18/src/modules/"
 and cd to "/home/<username>/<somewhere>/Anope-1.7.18/" to make modules...

and therefore "make module" looks like:

make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/<username>/<somewhere>/anope-1.7.18/src/modules'
*** All done, now (g)make install to install Anope/Modules

So I think you didnt cd the correct folder or you have a completely unusual organisation of your files&folders (that must not be bad if you know what you're doing). Although you NEED to have anope 1.7.18 or later (svn).
maybe post "whereami" and "locate src/modules | grep fantasy_ext" (you will see few lines where you located the sourcefiles for bs_fantasy_ext, theres no need to paste all.)

Jan Milants

• Team
(No subject)
« Reply #137 on: May 09, 2007, 03:38:33 PM »

Chad, considering the number of modules you have problems with, i would say it is most definitely not a problem on bs_fantasy_ext's side... maybe you should consider rereading the docs.

and apparently i forgot to edit my post with a link to rc4... same link, just replaced the pack
RC4: http://vips.hopto.org/~viper/bs_fantasy_ext-1.1.12.tar.gz
i had hoped to include a few other updates in this regarding to chanserv access list changes, but it s going to have to wait till i get back from poland. so there ll probably be at least one more rc before final .12. Yet i recommend using this one because some crashbugs that are present in .11 have been fixed here, so should end up being more stable. :)

Edit: Depending on whether bug #708 will be fixed in the .19 release of anope, .12 will only run on 1.7.19 (or later) or not. If a workaround is provided i will include this in .12 (making it incompatible with older anope versions), if not it will be released with the current (ugly) hardcoded checks in the module.

[Edited on 9-5-2007 by Viper]

Chad

(No subject)
« Reply #138 on: May 10, 2007, 05:11:47 AM »

I'm gonna try re-compiling anope, will report back  :)

Chad

(No subject)
« Reply #139 on: May 12, 2007, 10:00:35 AM »

ok, so here's what I get now, after recompiling, making a dedicated user/group, and restructuring as required:

[ircserver@as src]$ make modules
All done!  Now run "make" (or possibly "gmake") to compile your modules.
See the INSTALL, README and FAQ files if you have any problems.
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/ircserver/services/src/modules'
make[1]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/ircserver/services/src/modules'
[ircserver@as src]$

katsklaw

(No subject)
« Reply #140 on: May 12, 2007, 10:44:12 PM »

[17.42.00] -mojoist-    !minfo     -   Shows info about this module
[17.42.00] -mojoist-    !modinfo   -   Shows info about this module

[17.42.05] <~katsklaw> !minfo
[17.42.05] -mojoist- Fantasy commands provided by bs_fantasy_ext. [Author: Viper] [Version: 1.1.12 RC4]

It seems there are 2 commands that do the exact same thing, why?

Also when I untarred using tar -xzf it created anope-1.7.18/src/modules/bs_fantasy_ext inside my modules directory so I had the path of /home/katsklaw/anope-svn/src/modules/anope-1.7.18/src/modules/bs_fantasy_ext and had to mv the directory to compile.

[Edited on 12-5-2007 by katsklaw]

EvilSeph

(No subject)
« Reply #141 on: May 13, 2007, 08:29:07 PM »

Yea, I noticed that too. Luckily I open up the archive on my Windows box and check everything out first.

Jan Milants

• Team
(No subject)
« Reply #142 on: June 17, 2007, 05:47:57 PM »

better late then never: RC5

dl: http://vips.hopto.org/~viper/bs_fantasy_ext-1.1.12.tar.gz

Changes are:
  - references to !modinfo removed from help (but wil still reply to command)
  - Modified language system for easier translating
  - added (partially incomplete) french translation
  - some minor language fixes.
  - Updated module with the bugfixes applied in anope 1.7.19.
  - Renamed "!help access" to "!help chaccess" to make help for access list reachable.
  - Fixed a bug in the core fantasy system causing it to send empty mode changes and in combination with certain ircds split.

katsklaw

(No subject)
« Reply #143 on: June 17, 2007, 06:51:00 PM »

viper, please check your AnopeInit function as I do /os modinfo I get this.

[13:49] -OperServ- Module: bs_fantasy_ext Version: 1.1.12 RC5 Author: Viper loaded: Jun 17 13:49:15 2007 EDT
[13:49] -OperServ- No information about module bs_fantasy_ext is available

it only happens with this module.

katsklaw

(No subject)
« Reply #144 on: June 19, 2007, 01:12:49 AM »

UPDATE: This indeed ended up as a bug in Anope's core that only occered under certain contidions, this bug has been fixed in r1251

Jan Milants

• Team
bs_fantasy_ext version 1.1.12 released
« Reply #145 on: July 01, 2007, 12:59:08 PM »

Version 1.1.12 of this module has now been released.
I consider this to be the most stable release so far, so upgrading is highly recommended and support for older versions is dropped as of now.

A new feature, added in Version 1.1.12, is an implementation of !tb(an) and !tkb. Both of these work similar to the new implementation of !kb (v1.1.11). Therefore use of thus module in combination of bs_fantasy_tb should be discouraged, except when this modules' !tb is disabled in the config.h before compiling the module. (On windows you would have to compile the  module manually.)

Please read through the rest of the changelog to avoid unpleasant surprises :)

- Removed redundant check in do_levels that caused the set to fail if level is 0
 - !down now voices people if the channel is moderated (except when performed by voice)
 - !down can now also be performed by the founder of a channel on another user.
 - Renamed ListExcempNick to ListExempNick (Will need to be changed in services.conf!)
 - !kb was listed twice in !cmdlist  due to our own implementation and the cores'...
 - Replaced several occurrences of // comments by /*...*/
 - Added !t(k)b(an), partially based on the tban module by Rob that ships with anope
 - Use of !mode and a few other oper cmds now reports back to logchan like /os <cmd> does...
 - A few other minor code changes i have forgotten by now...
 - (RC2) Fixed a crashbug present in the !tb implementation in RC1 (Fix by Trystan)
 - (RC2) Fixed EnOperCmds causing an error when set to 0. Had no further consequences.
 - (RC2) !staff no longer includes users with +H (if supported by IRCd)
 - (RC2) Fixed bug causing !set mlock to fail when issued with extra params (Reported by SNU)
 - (RC3) Fixed a crashbug in !set mlock introduced by the fix in RC2 (Thx to Trystan)
 - (RC4) Fixed a crashbug in !up/down when given an invalid parameter (Reported by SNU)
 - (RC5) Updated headers
 - (RC5) Modified language system for easier translating, added (incomplete) french translation some lang fixes.
 - (RC5) Updated module with bugfixes in anope 1.7.19.
 - (RC5) Renamed "!help access" to "!help chaccess" to make help for access list reachable. (Reported by Jobe)
 - (RC5) Fixed a bug in the core fantasy system causing it to send empty mode changes. (Reported by paulmer2003)
 - (Final) Updated French language file. French language now fully supported.
 - (Final) Fixed missing !tkban trigger (help said it existed, but it was inactive).
 - (Final) Fixed bug causing compile errors if !tb was disabled but !tkb was not.
 - (Final) Fixed some compile errors.

SNU

• Anope User
(No subject)
« Reply #146 on: July 08, 2007, 07:59:43 PM »

Hey Viper.

I'd just report that
!levels list
and
!level list

just put out the same...

luismagar

(No subject)
« Reply #147 on: July 09, 2007, 10:36:40 AM »

I've just updated to anope 1.7.19 from anope 1.7.18 my windows unreal 3.2.6 box.

I downloaded fantasy extension and kept same configuration on services.conf.

i cannot load the module and services report this :

[04:30] <Global> OperServ: BUG: modload bs_fantasy_ext
[04:30] <Global> Trying to load module [bs_fantasy_ext]
[04:30] <Global> This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.
[04:30] <Global> Module loading status: 6 (Module Error, Error during load time or module returned MOD_STOP)

i would appreciate any help.

Thank you.

[Edited on 9-7-2007 by luismagar]

paulmer2003

(No subject)
« Reply #148 on: July 10, 2007, 08:14:41 PM »

I note you have .mute, but on various ircds it changes what the actual mode is to quiet a user and what the syntax is. For example, charybdis has +q, and it is set in the same way a ban is, and it quiets a user....it would be nice if there was a configuration thing in the module to set ircd type..for commands like this where it varies.

katsklaw

(No subject)
« Reply #149 on: July 10, 2007, 09:59:20 PM »

Originally posted by paulmer2003
I note you have .mute, but on various ircds it changes what the actual mode is to quiet a user and what the syntax is. For example, charybdis has +q, and it is set in the same way a ban is, and it quiets a user....it would be nice if there was a configuration thing in the module to set ircd type..for commands like this where it varies.

It's actually quite simple to just get the IRCDModule directive from the conf as the appropriate protocol module is loaded at start-up and attached to Anope's core. Many ircd specific variables can then be addressed in the 3rd party module very easily including usermodes ChanServ is to set and various other things.

Example: ircd->chanservmode will return the specified usermodes chanser uses regardless which ircd protocol module is loaded. In short, it already exists and doesn't really need to loaded in the 3rd party module as it's already part of Anope's core.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14   Go Up