Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A couple small issues  (Read 4713 times)

Eric

• Anope User
A couple small issues
« on: October 10, 2009, 12:06:43 AM »

My ChanServ doesnt like to secure channel modes when they are set and when nobody is in the channel. For example, if I set a new channel to be +ntrOCT and then leave the room and the room is empty, ill go back itll just be +ntr. Only solution would be to mlock. Is this normal? Or maybe ive just never noticed before cause I rarely enter a room where I am the only occupant

NickServ. I cant fiugre out how to set up the mail system to send /confirm codes for nick registration. I hear something about needing a separate module with a program to utilize your mail account. I really am not, could someone explain what I need to do?

Any help is appreciated.

Charles Kingsley

• Contributor
Re: A couple small issues
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2009, 11:08:58 AM »

Hi,

Yes, once the channel is empty on the ircd side it's destroyed. (Unless you're using the new perm channels in inspircd which I've not played with yet)

mlock would work I'd think in this situation.

Trystan Scott Lee

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2009, 03:21:34 PM »

In the case of a perm channel, anope faces a odd problem

Since upon exit of all users the channel is removed from thus there is no channel to anope.

1. All request to anope to change items on the channel without enter would result in errors... ie. /cs topic

2. I would expect that if all users exited the channel, and an oper decided to oper override without entering the channel, anope would throw a series of errors about modes or topics being set on a nonexistant channel.

This can be a quick fix, with a check in chan_deluser() if the channel has the mode to be perm then don't delete it. Or a much more complex by going through each function to review how it handles it.

**note I have not looked at inspircd docs to see how they do perm channels, going off my unreal knowledge in how they do it **
my God my tourniquet, return to me salvation

Jan Milants

• Team
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2009, 04:07:28 PM »

there is an even more serious issue with perm channels.. when the last user leaves anope destroys the channel as you said, however when a user rejoins, we don't get the full mode/ban/etc list resulting in a major mode desync..

This is one insp extension anope does not support at this time...
If you like me donate coins to 1FBmZVT4J8WAUMHKqpWhgNVj3XXnRN1cCk :)

Eric

• Anope User
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2009, 08:11:13 PM »

Hmm, an even bigger issue is im using UnrealIRCd lol
Pages: [1]   Go Up