Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Remote connection to forums?  (Read 5559 times)

PreciousAlly

• Anope User
    • http://www.thesims2source.com/
Remote connection to forums?
« on: June 16, 2008, 08:01:46 PM »

Not sure if we can request things here, but I was just wondering if someone could make something that will alert netadmins when a new topic is created in the specified forumID on my SMF board.

So basically if I entered a forumID in the script, the script would listen for any new topics, and if one is created, it will alert netadmins in the given channel.

Please let me know if this is even possible :P. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Kreon

• Anope User
    • http://kreon.net.ru
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2008, 08:38:28 PM »

Possible, of course. With eggdrops and other IRC-bot-like software. Why services?

katsklaw

(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2008, 11:50:58 PM »

SMF allows users to request an email sent to them when a post is replied to so I'd bet admins can set it so they get emailed when a new topic is made. Check your forum configuration..

PreciousAlly

• Anope User
    • http://www.thesims2source.com/
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2008, 04:17:28 AM »

Originally posted by Kreon
Possible, of course. With eggdrops and other IRC-bot-like software. Why services?

I've been in search for such a script for a while now, and no one seems to want to help me. I started out by requesting a mIRC script for my mIRC bot, but they aren't very helpful at the 2 forums I went to. I'm an OK mIRC scripter, but when it comes to sockets I'm clueless. I thought since I couldn't get help making the script for my mIRC bot, I ought to try and see if someone could make this feature available via the services.

Originally posted by katsklaw
SMF allows users to request an email sent to them when a post is replied to so I'd bet admins can set it so they get emailed when a new topic is made. Check your forum configuration..

That has nothing to do with my request. I'm talking about contacting a netadmin on my IRC network via a channel when a new topic is created in the specified forum. You're saying something about the built-in notification feature in SMF when a new topic is created -- completely irrelevant here. :P

[Edited on 17-6-2008 by PreciousAlly]

[Edited on 17-6-2008 by PreciousAlly]

katsklaw

(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2008, 10:41:46 AM »

Actually it's NOT completely irrelevant. The only difference is that 1> the admin is notified in an email and not on IRC and 2> nothing has to be written for this to happen.

Good luck finding someone to write this module.

Jan Milants

• Team
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2008, 11:37:33 AM »

pointless imho... this is something that should be handled by an eggdrop bot or so.. something like this only adds overhead to services and it s something that s not even remotely related to what anope is made for..
also it is so specific to your situation very few others would have any1 use for the module.

and jfyi.. to have this done in anope is 10 more complicated then a similar mirc script (and possibly eggdrop addon) as anope is written in C.. much more low level socket work then in mirc or so..
if you were to modify your board so that it adds the info to a table in anopes database, it would be a bit simpler, but then of course you d have to write both a module for anope and a patch for your board..
If you like me donate coins to 1FBmZVT4J8WAUMHKqpWhgNVj3XXnRN1cCk :)

Kreon

• Anope User
    • http://kreon.net.ru
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2008, 02:29:44 PM »

Don't know about mirc, but as for tcl, which eggdrop uses, such scripts are pretty simple to write.
Pages: [1]   Go Up