Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: not a happy newbee  (Read 7492 times)

TADS

• Anope User
not a happy newbee
« on: July 24, 2008, 08:25:44 PM »

hi all im not very happy...

i went in to the irc.anope.org room to get some help with connetion errors anope is not connecting to unreal correct i had looked everywhere on net i could before going in to chat and while in chat i was asked to paste the debug log so i chose a few lines around the error to only get booted from chat for pasting i then reset my router to gain access to the chat again as the error was not fixed to only get booted again by a moderater because i gained access again ... after one of the moderaters said ban evastion this happened...

*you were kicked from #anope by botox (ban evastion (jobe))

thats what i got from the log window behind

well if this is what the community is like at anope i may look elsewhere for a irc services package

if there is anyone out there that is willing to help with a connection error this is what it was...

FATAL: Can't connect to server: Connection timed out

thanks for reading my rant!

TADS

katsklaw

Re: not a happy newbee
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2008, 09:06:21 PM »

well for starters it's against channel rules to paste. I'm sure you were warned even outside the rules, which by the way you are bound to the rules regardless of if you read them or not.

Secondly, I've known Jobe for several years and he is not one to use a ban lightly.

Third, "operation timed out" is caused by the same things for servers as it is for clients. Namely, firewall/router settings or some other system/device blocking or delaying datagrams. This means forces outside the control of Anope.

forth, we do not assist with router/firewall/ircd configuration. That is just simply beyond our scope of support. We support Anope only.

fifth, as a network administrator it is assumed that you actually know something about networking .. ie how to set-up your own router/firewall.

sixth, resetting your router to bypass a channel ban is an akillable offense. Bypassing our bans only piss us off, they will not get you more help faster. You are rather lucky I wasn't there to see it or your entire ISP would be banned from the network. So all told it doens't really matter if you are not happy since you have pissed off at least 2 admins and made "us" unhappy with your actions.

I hope you read the rules and use some net etiquette next time. http://anope.org/ircrules.php I suggest you back up and regroup before trying again.

Please understand that we are here to help, but we are not obligated in any way shape or form to help if you are rude, violate our rules or do anything else that can be seen as inconsiderate or hostile. So if you think that you can just come to the irc channel and act any way you want and ignore our rules, then bring your rants to the forum trying to bully us into taking your side when YOU are the one that is in the wrong, then you need to go else where and use some other services package, because quite frankly, we don't lose anything if you do.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2008, 09:16:29 PM by katsklaw »

Jan Milants

• Team
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2008, 11:12:12 PM »

••• [#anope] topic- 'Welcome to #anope - Anope Support Only - Stable: 1.6.5 - Development: 1.7.21 - Read the rules or die: http://anope.org/ircrules.php - ...
you obviously didn't read the topic & rules, or chose to ignore them.. in either case you only brought it upon yourself.
The kick for flooding was entirely automated and done by the IRCd, the second kick was for evading the punishment for not reading 11 short rules.

As for your problem linking services, most likely your IRCd is not listening onthe  ip/port services is connecting to.
If you like me donate coins to 1FBmZVT4J8WAUMHKqpWhgNVj3XXnRN1cCk :)

TADS

• Anope User
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2008, 01:53:34 PM »

the rules state you can paste 6 lines in chat max i chose 6 lines around the error... that was my problem and thats why i couldnt understand why i was booted! the main error when i 1st went in chat was anope wouldnt talk to unreal ATALL but i managed to sort that and EVERYTHING router/firewall was done before even looking on the net and the anope site for help... someone before me (about 5 mins before) pasted quite abit in chat and didnt get booted and wasnt a admin on chan or anything all i wanted was to get a little help i have now sorted the error by my self took most of the night but i got it, i only have one other problem that i will research 1st myself before asking question

at the present i cant say i had a good experience with anope but it is a very good package!

TADS

Jobe

• Contributor
    • Anope IRC Services
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2008, 01:58:09 PM »

I'm sorry but can you quote from the rules link provided (http://anope.org/ircrules.php) where it says you can paste 6 lines?

No? Didn't think so.

What the rules ACTUALLY say about pasting is "Do NOT paste! Use Pastebins instead. Type "? paste" to get a pastebin link."

The rules do NOT and never have said you can paste 6 lines.
Your IP: ()
My IRC Status:

Come along and visit http://www.anopequotes.org/

TADS

• Anope User
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2008, 02:17:38 PM »

i do apologise as i read both unreal and anope rules before using both packages and i must have got mixed up i read them before using either not just because i had a problem.  :-[ thats just the way i do it read the rules and docs before i download anything, was just a newbee mistake on my part (but imo someone could of said someting rarver then just banning me as it was my 1st time in your irc chan)

TADS

Jobe

• Contributor
    • Anope IRC Services
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2008, 02:19:02 PM »

The initial ban was automatic and was done by the server. You pasted enough lines to trigger that, so we didn't have a chance to warn you for it. And you know what the deal was with the second ban.
Your IP: ()
My IRC Status:

Come along and visit http://www.anopequotes.org/
Pages: [1]   Go Up