Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MINOR t-ban module change request  (Read 4858 times)

wdragon

MINOR t-ban module change request
« on: February 27, 2007, 06:47:50 PM »

Hi,
I think t-ban is a very nice little module. My enhancement request is simple. Could the module be rewritten to unban all bans(option) on a channel instead of just unbanning the ones placed by the services?

Jan Milants

• Team
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2007, 07:23:35 PM »

doesn't sound very minor to me... tban s meant to add the ability to temporarily ban a user/hostmask, not supposed to make all bans temporary. it doesn't even make all services bans temporary, only the ones made with /cs tban.
 imho this would make this usefull module a nuisance.

[Edited on 27-2-2007 by Viper]
If you like me donate coins to 1FBmZVT4J8WAUMHKqpWhgNVj3XXnRN1cCk :)

n00bie

• Anope User
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2007, 08:09:17 PM »

eggdrop tcl scripts have already this kind of options. i.e. removed all bans when its full or when the bans reached a pre-setted limit (depending on the IRCd's). And as for services, it will just be a waste tracing the banned, which in somehow will make services slow. So in my humble opinion, bots (eg. like eggdrop etc.) or /chanserv clear #channel bans) will be just fine.

[Edited on 28-2-2007 by n00bie]
I am always doing things that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it.

katsklaw

(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2007, 12:19:58 AM »

Personally I'd rather see /cs ban evolve into a tban like command where an expiry can be added optionally much like akills work. This is only logical since a channels banlist is finite. This will also result in automatic maintenance being performed on bans set from akicks.

wdragon

(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2007, 04:51:25 PM »

ok guys, I get your points...

viper, I`m not a coder, so I admit that the change might be major.

n00bie, sure eggies should do the job, but the thing I`m looking for is to set all other
robots out of order and let only services bots run.

katsklaw, agreed, but I`m looking a services solution to the whole channel ban maintenance (not only akick).
Pages: [1]   Go Up