Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ns_noticeunregistered  (Read 4104 times)

sucahyo

ns_noticeunregistered
« on: June 23, 2007, 02:50:14 PM »

hi there...

im quite new in anope..

but first of all i have spent almost 3 hours in search engine and anope search forum on how to load a moduble..

im running unreal 3.2.6 and anope 1.7.19

i want to load ns_noticeunregistered..

i type in /msg operserv modload ns_noticeunregistered..

but they replied my with unable to load module..

i check my ircd.log in unreal but it doesnt state the error..

i have put the ns_noticeunregistered.dll in the data -> modules foler..

what should i do to make it working?

oh and also i already put ns_noticeunregistered into ModuleAutoload and ModuleDelayedAutoload. i did restarted everything and try to load again but same thing happen..

what should i do next?

king regard,
sucahyo

katsklaw

(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2007, 04:18:57 PM »

ok, without meaning to sound rude, you should learn the difference between Anope and Unreal. You don't need to check Unreals logs for data pertaining to Anope nor vice versa. Anope and Unreal are 2 seperate programs, they simply interact with each other. Anope modules are for Anope and Unreal modules are for Unreal. They each have their own logs. Try reading data/logs/proper_log_file

Also when troubleshooting such things you need to be very detail oriented and very literal.

For example:

/msg operserv modload ns_noticeunregistered..

There is no such module as "ns_noticeunregistered.." There is a "ns_noticeunregistered" however, those 2 little dots mean all the difference in the world.

Second, you only need to add modules to 1 or the other and this paticular module needs to be loaded in ModuleDelayedAutoload.

Third, to get a complete log lets enable debugging:

1> /msg operserv set debug on
2> /msg operserv modload ns_noticeunregistered
3> /msg operserv set debug off
4> go read your logs for errors
5> paste the errors here in this thread

n00bie

• Anope User
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2007, 05:17:54 PM »

i'm guessing the module is not compiled for 1.7.19 version. So, here's the module compiled for 1.7.19 version without any changes. sucahyo, check the attachment.
I am always doing things that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it.

chlspvh18

• Anope User
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2007, 09:00:07 PM »

n00bie
where can i find this module (ns_noticeunregistered.dll) in Portuguese?
do you have it?

Thanks ;]

sucahyo

(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2007, 12:41:38 AM »

Originally posted by katsklaw
ok, without meaning to sound rude, you should learn the difference between Anope and Unreal. You don't need to check Unreals logs for data pertaining to Anope nor vice versa. Anope and Unreal are 2 seperate programs, they simply interact with each other. Anope modules are for Anope and Unreal modules are for Unreal. They each have their own logs. Try reading data/logs/proper_log_file

Also when troubleshooting such things you need to be very detail oriented and very literal.

For example:

/msg operserv modload ns_noticeunregistered..

There is no such module as "ns_noticeunregistered.." There is a "ns_noticeunregistered" however, those 2 little dots mean all the difference in the world.

Second, you only need to add modules to 1 or the other and this paticular module needs to be loaded in ModuleDelayedAutoload.

Third, to get a complete log lets enable debugging:

1> /msg operserv set debug on
2> /msg operserv modload ns_noticeunregistered
3> /msg operserv set debug off
4> go read your logs for errors
5> paste the errors here in this thread

hi there.. no its totally fine.. im also learning here so its really good to get  a step by step information since i spent a whole lot of time by myself yesterday.. yes.. and i did get the log now... thank you very much..

------------------------
[Jun 24 11:35:33 2007] OperServ: yO|ok: modload ns_noticeunregistered
[Jun 24 11:35:33 2007] Trying to load module [ns_noticeunregistered]
[Jun 24 11:35:33 2007] Runtime module location: .\modules\runtime\ns_noticeunregistered.dll.a05380
[Jun 24 11:35:33 2007] Module ns_noticeunregistered is compiled against an old version of anope (1214) current is 1247
[Jun 24 11:35:33 2007] Rebuild module ns_noticeunregistered against the current version to resolve this error
[Jun 24 11:35:33 2007] Module loading status: 6 (Module Error, Error during load time or module returned MOD_STOP)
[Jun 24 11:35:33 2007] debug: Sent: :OperServ NOTICE yO|ok :Unable to load module ns_noticeunregistered
[Jun 24 11:35:43 2007] debug: Received: :yO|ok PRIVMSG operserv :set debug off
[Jun 24 11:35:43 2007] OperServ: yO|ok: set debug off
[Jun 24 11:35:43 2007] Debug mode deactivated
---------------------------------------------------

@n00bie: i downloaded the file but its in .exe file? how do i convert it into .dll? or do you have the .dll one? thank you very much for everyone..

[Edited on 23-6-2007 by sucahyo]

[Edited on 23-6-2007 by sucahyo]

katsklaw

(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2007, 11:55:37 AM »

sucahyo, n00bie's link is to the .dll .. not an .exe. If you are still having problems I have it compiled as well at: http://ircd.ircmojo.net/anope/win32/modules/1.7.19/ns_noticeunregistered.dll

sucahyo

(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2007, 03:09:45 PM »

Originally posted by katsklaw
sucahyo, n00bie's link is to the .dll .. not an .exe. If you are still having problems I have it compiled as well at: http://ircd.ircmojo.net/anope/win32/modules/1.7.19/ns_noticeunregistered.dll

hi there.. it worked perfectly now.. thank you very much.. :)

for n00bie .dll, i think my computer screw it up.. i downloaded using opera and somehow after it finished it turned to be a .exe file... :(

oh just one more thing.. ive been wondering it since yesterday.. is there any module to tell user if the chanserv nickserv memoserv is available by noticing it to the connected user?

n00bie

• Anope User
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2007, 06:45:48 AM »

chlspvh18, download Visual C++ Express Edition for compiling the modules. Or send me the translation for these lines in portuguese:

"Your nickname does not appear to be registered on this network. For information on how to register and the benefits of registration, use the commands: /NickServ HELP and /NickServ HELP REGISTER"
I am always doing things that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it.

chlspvh18

• Anope User
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2007, 02:35:03 AM »

I tried....but i really don't know anything on compiling modules =|

This is the "strict" translation

"Seu nick não está registrado nesta rede. Para informações sobre como registrá-lo e os benefícios do registro, use os comandos /NickServ HELP and /NickServ HELP REGISTER"

But some networks use this:

"O nick que você está usando não está registrado. Registrando seu nick, você evita que outras pessoas possam utilizá-lo. Para informações sobre como registrá-lo use os comandos /NickServ HELP ou /NickServ HELP REGISTER"

i think the second option is better ;]

thanks n00bie

[Editado em 26/6/2007 por chlspvh18]

n00bie

• Anope User
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2007, 01:07:19 PM »

chlspvh18, thanks and here is the portuguese translation for it. I go with the second options. Note that i changed the filename in case of confusion, so change the filename to something that fits you :7

[Edited on 27-6-2007 by n00bie]

chlspvh18

• Anope User
(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2007, 04:40:56 PM »

hey n00bie
it's perfect =D
thank you very much!
Pages: [1]   Go Up