Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Converting databases  (Read 2446 times)

Obi_Wan

Converting databases
« on: February 14, 2008, 01:46:24 PM »

Hi,

I know there is only a tool to convert from epona to anope but I want to switch from my services to anope. I thought the easiest way would be to write all the information into the mysql db and then make anope write his db files. Is there any way to do this or is this impossible? If so, is there some documentation how the anope db files are set up?

Thank you very much

Jobe

• Contributor
    • Anope IRC Services
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2008, 04:05:11 PM »

There is an epona2anope converter in the tools directory but it is highly unlikely that that will support the latest version of Epona.

As for MySQL, again, Epona's MySQL schema is more then likely incompatible with Anope's. So to do it that way you would need to MANUALLY convert Epona's MySQL to Anope's MySQL which im afraid we cannot support.
Your IP: ()
My IRC Status:

Come along and visit http://www.anopequotes.org/

Obi_Wan

(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2008, 04:17:28 PM »

Ah sorry I think you don't understand. But I found a solution. Currently my services (kickservices based in auspice) are using binary database files. I'm creating a script to import these files into the anope db. Then I will just have to set anope to only use a remote database and it should work and after that I only have to hope that there will be a "feature" or a function so that the anope binary files can be synchronized.
Pages: [1]   Go Up