Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How can I display on a website the number of people in a certain channel?  (Read 13484 times)

moffgat

Hi folks,

I am looking for a way to show the visitors of my website, how many users are online in the IRC-Chat of our Website. The chat is run with UnrealIRCD 3.2.5 and Anope 1.6.4. Is there any way to display the amount of users in a certain channel on a website with Anope oder UnrealIRCD? Does one of you know a solution? Thank you in advance

Yours

Frank

n00bie

• Anope User
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2006, 09:22:50 AM »

Do you mean something like this:

DALnet has 33,134 users in 15,169 channels.

The Top 5 channels:
DALnet:
#jakarta (696)
#bandung (691)
#medan (417)
#surabaya (387)
#kampung (315)

that type of statistics and banner displayed stats are freely provided by http://searchirc.com/
SearchIRC can give you the java scripts for your network freely for your website. All you have to do is registered your network on their site and wait for activation :p

and also for reference, services like StatServ (eg: Denora / NeoStats etc.) can collect Networks/Channel(s) statistics too and displayed them on a webpage :9

[Edited on 18-8-2006 by n00bie]
I am always doing things that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it.

moffgat

(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2006, 12:46:50 PM »

Tnx noobie,

the Services you mention are not exaktly what I am looking for. All are just presenting regular statistics not the just in time status of a certain channel. I want a script that determines the amount of users in a certain channel, the moment it is started to display this Info on the Website. As far as i understood the mentioned services don't provide this.

Frank

n00bie

• Anope User
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2006, 12:55:18 PM »

umm.... some bots like eggdrop can maintained and displayed a channel statistics too... i can't remember the name of the eggdrop tcl's that can create a live channel stats... better to google around ;)
I am always doing things that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it.

Dave Robson

• Team
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2006, 01:14:32 PM »

I dont see why something like denora (spelling? you all know what i mean)  wouldnt be able to do this? it would be able to tell you the channel count of any channel whenever you asked for it.

Jobe

• Contributor
    • Anope IRC Services
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2006, 03:03:19 PM »

I can vouch for Denora being able to do what is being requested here as you can clearly see from my site http://www.invictachat.co.uk All you need to do is set up Denora to connect to MySQL to store it's data which is easy and then use a simple PHP script to retrieve the data from the MySQL database.

And from the data saved by Denora you can get results such as: http://www.invictachat.co.uk/index.php?action=channels

My site is proof that Denora stats can produce the number of users on a channel and the overall number of users on the network at least. As well as being able to prduce a fair few other statistics.

My site doesnt even use half of the information made available by Denora.

For the record all the statistics on my site are live.

[Edited on 18-8-2006 by Jobe1986]
Your IP: ()
My IRC Status:

Come along and visit http://www.anopequotes.org/

moffgat

(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2006, 06:28:52 AM »

Ok seems like Denora is really able to deliver these Stats. I just have one simple question, how is Denora triggered to update the Stats? Is denora automatically doing this when anything in a channel changes, or is it done on a regular time-base, or do you have to trigger it manually?

Thanx

Frank

Trystan Scott Lee

• Contributor
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2006, 06:45:08 AM »

Denora is real time stats.. soon as the event happens sql is updated
my God my tourniquet, return to me salvation

Jobe

• Contributor
    • Anope IRC Services
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2006, 11:49:53 AM »

As Trystan said Denora writes to the SQL databases as soon as something changes. On larger networks where this would be a problem Denora also has i believe an option to have it update the SQL data periodically instead of live.
Your IP: ()
My IRC Status:

Come along and visit http://www.anopequotes.org/

n00bie

• Anope User
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2006, 11:39:50 PM »

moffgat

(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2006, 06:31:44 AM »

Thank you all guys, I installed Denora and made some simple php script to query the database now I got what I needed. Thanks for all your support.

Yours

Frank
Pages: [1]   Go Up