Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mode / samode / secure ops  (Read 3761 times)

Cihan

Mode / samode / secure ops
« on: July 08, 2006, 11:13:13 AM »

Hi . I am using Unreal 3.2.5 and anope 1.7.14. when a secureops settings is set on a channel; when i use /samode or /mode (override) chanserv get -o me. i must use /os mode option.

how can i teach it to anope. i am a netadmin and root. when i use /samode or /mode it don't touch me.

thank you byby.

katsklaw

(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2006, 03:30:07 PM »

Anope is not specificlly designed to allow IRCops, even Net Admins and Service Root, to have complete access to everything. ChanServ is designed to give the CHANNEL operators control of their channel not IRCOPS control of all channels. the closest to this kind of control is to use SuperAdmin (Read the Anope documentation on it). Be warned, there are many, such as myself that feel that IRCops controlling users channel without their permission is morally wrong and you might lose some users over it.

SAMODE was invented for IRCops to have some form of control in the ABSENCE of services, not as an augmentation of Services. When using /os mode, services assumes there is an issue that requires an IRCop to intervine.

It has always been the role of IRCops of all levels of access to maintain the SERVER and NETWORK .. not CHANNELS.

Hope this helps.

Cihan

(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2006, 03:32:00 PM »

i understand . thank you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up