Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: REQUEST NEW THINGS! (Modules Or Core Code)  (Read 10458 times)

Shadow

REQUEST NEW THINGS! (Modules Or Core Code)
« on: August 01, 2006, 02:33:13 PM »

Hello,
I have some suggestions to make for anope irc services!
All i am gone say can be new modules or can be added as core code in the new versions!

1) Make ALL Services not reply in unregistered users to save bandwidth! The only commands users can use is the /msg nickserv help and the /ns register NOTHING ELSE! So if you are unregistered you cant see the info of a nick/chan and also services will ignore you from EVERYTHING.. for example from the entrymsg when joining the chan.. That is great to save bandwidth.. in big networks!

2) Make NickServ/ChanServ info to saw a line for the Expiration day of the nick/chan.. for example Expire: 2weeks 3days 5hours 4mins and when the nick/chan is NOEXPIRE to say Expire: Never

3) Make new command In ChanServ for roots/admins with which if it is on to a channel only the roots can change the founder/password and drop the chan.. That is good to protect official channels from faults that can have as result to lose a chan etc.. you can tell me make yourself owner for not having problem.. but that is not a solution.. in a network you have some channels like #Help which you want to give to a user to organise it but you dont wish him to be available change pass or founder or even drop it..

4) Make Services to be able to set their nicks as founders in channels.. for example maybe i want to have the OperServ founder of #OPERS chan and HelpServ founder of #HELP chan.. Yeah maybe its lame.. but networks have some official channels and its good to have a service as a founder (so none ask you access and all that things..).. that of course will be able only from   roots/admins

5) Make a new command in operserv with which roots/admins can add a user with his network access.. like the services access with which say in the nickserv info Is Services Root.. with that You will be able to add a user as Network Admin/Server Admin/Globalop/Localop .. is just for the /ns info thing and will looks like: Network Access: Network Admin

6) Make The SecureServ of Neostats module for Anope Services.. will be great :)

These are all my suggestions.. hope to reply and add your thoughts to my suggestions

Thanks

Shadow

(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2006, 02:44:48 PM »

I forgot sth :)

7) is like the 2) Add a line to the nickserv/chanserv info which will say for how many years/weeks the nick is registered: like Registered for: 2years 2weeks 3days 4hours :)

Thanks

Jobe

• Contributor
    • Anope IRC Services
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2006, 03:17:50 PM »

With regards to 1) you would also need to include IDENTIFY because if a user cant IDENTIFY then it cant be seen as being registered by Anope.

And for 4) i would suggest registering a nick that is never to be used (such as Founder), set it to not expire and then use that as the founder for those channels.
Your IP: ()
My IRC Status:

Come along and visit http://www.anopequotes.org/

Shadow

(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2006, 03:26:59 PM »

Jobe1986 for the 1) yes you are right.. the user must have access only for the basic.. coders here know better which commands user can use.. :) thanks for your reply..

for the 4) yeap that would be a solution but users are not so stupid.. the nick have another owner so they will try to find out etc.. it would be nicer to have the Global Service (named like YournameNET) and have it founder to all official channels..

A coder can tell us which of those can be done as modules and which can be added as core code?

Thanks

Tom65789

• Anope User
    • www.t65789.co.uk
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2006, 05:16:11 PM »

anything can be done as a module. just some will be more awkward than others

Dave Robson

• Team
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2006, 05:26:40 PM »

Originally posted by Shadow

1) Make ALL Services not reply in unregistered users to save bandwidth! The only commands users can use is the /msg nickserv help and the /ns register NOTHING ELSE! So if you are unregistered you cant see the info of a nick/chan and also services will ignore you from EVERYTHING.. for example from the entrymsg when joining the chan.. That is great to save bandwidth.. in big networks!

I dont see this saving any bandwidth, frankly i see it wasting it and annoying users in the process... User A logs on, does a /ns info UserB - finds they cant unless they register, so they /ns register, then /ns info - we just wasted a load of bandwidth for no reason.

2) Make NickServ/ChanServ info to saw a line for the Expiration day of the nick/chan.. for example Expire: 2weeks 3days 5hours 4mins and when the nick/chan is NOEXPIRE to say Expire: Never

Services admins will already see something like:

-NickServ(services@your-irc.net)- Expires on: Aug 22 17:17:11 2006 BST

For nicks, assuming they do /ns info all

3) Make new command In ChanServ for roots/admins with which if it is on to a channel only the roots can change the founder/password and drop the chan.. That is good to protect official channels from faults that can have as result to lose a chan etc.. you can tell me make yourself owner for not having problem.. but that is not a solution.. in a network you have some channels like #Help which you want to give to a user to organise it but you dont wish him to be available change pass or founder or even drop it..

Set yourself as founder, turn on secure founder, and give the person managing the channel the channel password.

They cant drop the channel or change the channel password/founder....

4) Make Services to be able to set their nicks as founders in channels.. for example maybe i want to have the OperServ founder of #OPERS chan and HelpServ founder of #HELP chan.. Yeah maybe its lame.. but networks have some official channels and its good to have a service as a founder (so none ask you access and all that things..).. that of course will be able only from   roots/admins

As already pointed out, just make a dummy nick, set it to noexpire and use that.

5) Make a new command in operserv with which roots/admins can add a user with his network access.. like the services access with which say in the nickserv info Is Services Root.. with that You will be able to add a user as Network Admin/Server Admin/Globalop/Localop .. is just for the /ns info thing and will looks like: Network Access: Network Admin

Personally i dont really see the point, but it would be easy to do as a module, take a look at os_info for an example of a module which does something very similar.

6) Make The SecureServ of Neostats module for Anope Services.. will be great :)

why neostats already does it.

7) is like the 2) Add a line to the nickserv/chanserv info which will say for how many years/weeks the nick is registered: like Registered for: 2years 2weeks 3days 4hours

Why, we already tell you when the nick was registered...  assuming you know the current date.....

Shadow

(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2006, 11:28:40 PM »

Rob.. Thanks for the reply..

In all i said you told that is not needed.. yeah i know many networks dont even have a nickserv.. maybe even services dont needed.. but as we have them, we want to be more powerfull it would be great to add more and more things..

For 6) yeah but if it could be possible it would be better to run all services with one server (for example services.blabla.net) and not have 2-3 servers with services.. i know its possible but.. if someone can right the module why not?

For 2) and 7) for the first i didnt know that admin can see that.. if he can you can just make it to be able users see it also.. for the second its nice to see that the nick is registered for 2 years for example and see that.. are things you see.. and hey.. i suggest to be modules.. of course that things dont ask to be on the core code.. only some want them.. maybe lamers or not but its nice and i see many asking them..

For 3) is nice to have the availability to give the channel to another user which will manage it.. make the site.. bring users etc.. but will not allow him to drop it or give it to someone else.. of course is a module.. i suggest it and if someone want can do that..

For 4) is TOO usefull to have services as founders.. I want to have in my network all official chans registered with the name of the network which is BlablaNet.. if i register it and register all channels then i cant rename the Global Service and BlablaNet.. if you understand me..  So it would be great making service founders of channels..

All those are suggestions.. if anyone have time and want just create a module.. if the coders here think that some of them can be nice for the new versions just add them to core code..

Thanks for your time..

Shadow

(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2006, 10:29:29 PM »

Also i see some networks have a different expiration system.. what i mean: not all nicknames expire after x days.. but it has to do with how old is the nickname.. for example a nickname registered in 2005 will expired in 60days.. a nick registered in 2000 will expire in 360days etc etc..

is that possible to be done ?

Thanks

Alex

(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2006, 11:06:36 PM »

I'm not sure, but if you do /ns SASET NickName NOEXPIRE ON it wont expire at all. If you set it to OFF it will expire after X days.
I'm not sure if there are any other ways.

Jobe

• Contributor
    • Anope IRC Services
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2006, 11:59:01 PM »

On Anope 1.7.14 "/msg NickServ SASET nick NOEXPIRE ON" definatly sets a nick to never expire. Im not sure about earlier versions of Anope though.
Your IP: ()
My IRC Status:

Come along and visit http://www.anopequotes.org/

katsklaw

(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2006, 03:41:24 AM »

Originally posted by Jobe1986
On Anope 1.7.14 "/msg NickServ SASET nick NOEXPIRE ON" definatly sets a nick to never expire. Im not sure about earlier versions of Anope though.

Earlier versions was /ns set noexpire on. It changed to saset in like 1.7.13 or .14 iirc.

--------------------------------------------------------------

1> Rob is correct, NS will communicate more telling people they have to register, then registering, just to do a few bytes of data. Not to mention that it's highly suggested to use localhost or 127.0.0.1 as your link interface between services and it's uplink server in which case there will be no bandwidth to save since there is no bandwidth to start with..

It serves several purposes:
a. there is no bandwidth used between services and it's ircd because localhost is a software interface.
b. It allows services data to be zipped by the ircd before being sent to the network.
c. It allows for services data to be encrypted by the ircd before being sent to the network.
d. since there is no hardware connection between the ircd and services there is no bandwidth, your speed is limited to your system speed and not the speed of your LAN connection and hardware interface speed (33Mhz vs upto 2000Mhz).

3> I had a little problem understanding this request, but I agree with Rob. I think /cs set #chan SECUREFOUNDER on will hook you right up.

4> Beyond some vanity, this feature is pointless. There is no advantage of having OperServ as the founder of #Opers. You should register a dummy nick as suggested. I see no reason for adding to services codebase for pointless features that do little more than give people something else to debug. IIRC only registered nicks can register channels to begin with, so that will also need to be changed. which IMHO is a huge security risk.

5> http://www.anope.org/modules/ns_realstaffstatusininfo.c for services staff.
Pages: [1]   Go Up