Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Database Conversion / Import  (Read 7089 times)

wiqd

Database Conversion / Import
« on: March 21, 2006, 03:28:56 PM »

Hi Forum,

What would be the best suggested method to convert encrypted 'FFF' databases to plain text password mysql db's ?

Currently I am running the services in debug mode in order to log all the plain text passwords for nicks and channels.

So I was thinking of using the following process:

1) Get all plain text passwords via debug mode.
2) Dump databases from FFF format to mysql db.
3) Update my mysql db with all plain text passwords.

The problem I am having is with step 2, is there a utility or process I can follow to convert my FFF style databases to mysql ? I have looked at ircervices convert-db script which would dump out the databases to XML format, however the XML schema does not match the mysql schema...

After that I can just write a script to read all Nick/Pass combinations and Chan/Pass combinations and update this database.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks...

Dave Robson

• Team
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2006, 03:54:29 PM »

you cant convert from encrypted passwords to plain text - its a one way hash.

wiqd

(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2006, 04:24:51 PM »

Hi Rob,

The converting from encrypted passwords to plain text is not a problem for me as I am running my services in debug mode which saves lines like this to the services.log files:

[NICKS]
[Mar 20 03:53:34.022390 2006] debug: Received: :bananagirl PRIVMSG nickserv :identify 1banana2

[CHANS]
[Mar 20 05:06:22.906638 2006] debug: Received: :The-Killer- PRIVMSG ChanServ@services.domain.org :identify #Opers fireyfate

My problem is dumping the data from the FFF style database .db files into MySQL. After I have that done, I can simply write a shell script to awk this data from the logs and update the MySQL db password field with the plain text version.
Pages: [1]   Go Up