Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Modules Site v2.0  (Read 7029 times)

heinz

Modules Site v2.0
« on: August 28, 2007, 06:58:38 PM »

Hey guys,

I'm currently in the process of re-doing quite a bit of the backend Modules Site code to make things run more smoothly. This would also make it a good time to start thinking about more features being built in.

I'm looking for your ideas on your most-wanted features for the next version of the modules site. If you could reply to this post with a top-three list, i'll see which ones are popular and try and get them included!

Cheers, and happy coding!

Jan Milants

• Team
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2007, 08:49:47 PM »

- Bugtracker feature or something similar. Right now people tend to use the comments system which is very ill suited for it since one can only post once/version. Bugs are no comments anyways...

- supported ircd's list and module listing for anope in combination with a specific ircd

- ability to "subscribe" to a module so you will get notified when an update is released. Or the ability to be notified when a "critical" update for the module is released

- ability to post a comment without rating and vice versa.. especially handy for the author of the module :)

- maybe more of a visual addition.. add a note saying that the comment system is not meant for asking support for a module with a link to the forum or so...

/Me got 2 many ideas...
If you like me donate coins to 1FBmZVT4J8WAUMHKqpWhgNVj3XXnRN1cCk :)

katsklaw

(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2007, 09:14:38 PM »

Originally posted by Viper
- Bugtracker feature or something similar. Right now people tend to use the comments system which is very ill suited for it since one can only post once/version. Bugs are no comments anyways...

- supported ircd's list and module listing for anope in combination with a specific ircd

- ability to "subscribe" to a module so you will get notified when an update is released. Or the ability to be notified when a "critical" update for the module is released

- ability to post a comment without rating and vice versa.. especially handy for the author of the module :)

- maybe more of a visual addition.. add a note saying that the comment system is not meant for asking support for a module with a link to the forum or so...

/Me got 2 many ideas...

yes all this and the ability to see the number of comments the rating is based on without going to the individual modules page.

n00bie

• Anope User
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2007, 09:51:55 PM »

i totally agree with the above. i have a one suggestion tho, that is a short notice/warning stating that the modules are 3rd party modules, downloadable free of cost and some by paid too created by professionals and also some learners.. in which the users are to used the module at their own risk/will or posession, if somethings goes terribly will not blame the services as a whole and contact the module creator etc.. :D
I am always doing things that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it.

katsklaw

(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2007, 09:56:07 PM »

actually this forum is for modules, release announcements, currently bug reports, which on the beta site bugs may be reported there in the future, feature requests ... etc ..

Gabriel Acevedo

• Anope User
    • http://faltanideas.com/
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2007, 05:59:58 AM »

I'd like to see a "module request". The idea is that module authors can take a request, or drop it so other author can take it. Of course when the author upload a new module, he can select "in respond to blah" from his taken requests.

Only module admins can delete a request.

Jan Milants

• Team
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2007, 09:04:51 PM »

maybe as an extension to the bug tracker for modules: a feature request system for individual modules (so not a modules request thingy) allowing for discussion and eventually turning down requests....
If you like me donate coins to 1FBmZVT4J8WAUMHKqpWhgNVj3XXnRN1cCk :)

eLement

(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2007, 12:13:02 AM »

Originally posted by Viper

Also, if you are logged in to your Anope website Login (not your Forum), when you goto the modules site in the center it will have a list of the modules you are subscribed to that are updated.

I dunno, I have an idea in my head how the site layout could look in my head...just am not sure how to place it graphically.  Let me see if I can.

Edit: Here...I made an interface in vb6, to make it look like my vision for the new site...
Note: I didn't mess with colors.  

This is just to get a general idea for the layout.

[Edited on 16-9-2007 by eLement]
Pages: [1]   Go Up