Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [SOLVED] - [1.7.19] (Unreal3.2) No Auto +o/+a from ChanServ for Certain Users  (Read 2791 times)

Malibu

Hey guys.

I've come across a very strange issue when upgrading our services to the latest Anope release and Unreal 3.2.

Certain users are not receiving their +o/a automatically when they join channels that they have the relevant access to and have to manually use /chanserv op on the channel to be given them, which works fine.

This seems to be indiscriminate, only affecting certain users for some reason - I cannot pinpoint a particular set up or configuration which is causing this to occur.  As I said, with some users they experience no problem and with others they don't get their statuses.

This does not occur on the stable branch of Anope, only the new 1.7.x branch.

Anyone have any ideas about potentially what is up here or any ideas as to how I can further pinpoint why this problem happens with only some users and not others?

Any help is appreciated.

[Edited on 11-8-2007 by Malibu]

katsklaw

(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2007, 09:34:20 PM »

NSModeOnID and /msg nickserv set autoop on

Malibu

(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2007, 10:03:41 PM »

Thanks katsklaw and the users of the IRC channel for helping me with this one.

As a further note for anyone who finds this thread when searching, the NSDefAutoop directive can be set under services.conf under the "NSDef... " settings to have autoop on by default for registering users.  The command in katsklaw's post, /nickserv set autoop on, has to be used for people who registered before this setting was enabled.

Of course, noone else will come across this problem if they read the changelog and example as I should have done when upgrading. :o

Take care.

[Edited on 11-8-2007 by Malibu]
Pages: [1]   Go Up