Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ircd_init module INVITE bug  (Read 3812 times)

Gumbie

• Anope User
Ircd_init module INVITE bug
« on: January 25, 2007, 07:55:09 PM »

Finding these all over :)

In current ircd_init modules and 1.7.18 anope, the module breaks ChanServ's INVITE command on and empty (besides Chanserv) channel that is +i

-Gumbie

[Edited on 25-1-2007 by Gumbie]

n00bie

• Anope User
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2007, 03:45:59 PM »

are you sure its caused by ircd_init module ? because i've just checked that and there's nothing wrong with it :-?
I am always doing things that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it.

owine

• Anope User
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2007, 09:23:14 PM »

I have experienced this same problem. If a channel is empty but registered, ChanServ is in it. If the channel is +i and you request an invite from ChanServ, an error is returned saying the channel does not exist. However, the ChanServ user prevents anyone from joining the channel because the IRCd still has 1 user in the channel with the mode +i.

Jobe

• Contributor
    • Anope IRC Services
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2007, 11:38:36 PM »

Personally i would put that down to a desynch between Anope and the network. To Anope ChanServ isnt in the channel but to the rest of the net it is. That would be down to the way the module works, making ChanServ join simply by telling the other servers it did. Anope is then unaware ChanServ is then and when nobody is left there doesnt know to make ChanServ part because it believes ChanServ isnt there to part.
Your IP: ()
My IRC Status:

Come along and visit http://www.anopequotes.org/
Pages: [1]   Go Up