Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MODULE REQUEST: OS VLINK/VOPER  (Read 17168 times)

dunha

MODULE REQUEST: OS VLINK/VOPER
« on: January 28, 2007, 08:46:20 AM »

It's possible to create the command VLINK, VOPER and VADMIN for anope?

For example:

/operserv vlink Server.Network.com Server NetWork CA/USA
/operserv voper nick servername (+x)
/operserv vadmin nick servername (+X)

and to be recorded in a DB for example...

VLINK.DB

Thanks for your time
;)

Jan Milants

• Team
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2007, 11:07:41 AM »

and what s those supposed to do ?

if they are supposed to dynamically add link blocks, no simply because as far as i know the ircds don't allow services to change their C/N lines..
If you like me donate coins to 1FBmZVT4J8WAUMHKqpWhgNVj3XXnRN1cCk :)

dunha

(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2007, 06:06:27 PM »

Mod note: posting raw strings is against forum rules. don't do it again.

[Edited on 28-1-2007 by katsklaw]

katsklaw

(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2007, 07:49:59 PM »

dunha, you gave examples what what the command syntax is .. but you have not told us what the command does, what it's for and why you need it.

Trystan Scott Lee

• Contributor
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2007, 05:14:36 AM »

This is a PTLink feature, here is what vlink.txt from their docs say about the subject

Virtual Links
- - - - - - - -
Originally implemented at Brasnet by fabulous@t7ds.com.br
 - - - - - - - -
Virtual links allow to setup virtual server names.
Virtual server names will allow to fake various irc servers from the same
irc net running on the same host/port depending on the client's
connection request.
This is done by looking into the server name field sent by the client
during on connection USER message. If the server name matches an
existing virtual link, all messages sent to that client will look like
originating from the virtual server.
Note that its a single ircd process handling connections at a common
host/port

Commands covered by vlinks:
 VERSION*  
 WHO*
 WHOIS*
 NAMES*
 MODE*
 MOTD*
 HELPSYS*
 NEWMASK*
 LINKS*
 STATS*
my God my tourniquet, return to me salvation

nodio

(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2007, 05:03:59 AM »

not is a ptlink feature, is a anope feature, added by /operserv vlink command, the server irc.irclife.com.br have that feature and have vip users too +V all under anope, i use anope + ptlink and ptlink dont have anything about vlink

regards:(

nodio

(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2007, 05:06:34 AM »

and this file dont says anything about vlink, just a comment

katsklaw

(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2007, 11:36:28 PM »

Originally posted by nodio
not is a ptlink feature, is a anope feature, added by /operserv vlink command, the server irc.irclife.com.br have that feature and have vip users too +V all under anope, i use anope + ptlink and ptlink dont have anything about vlink

regards:(

First, the only servers Anope would ever be able to fake are servers that connect to Anope, which will be hidden on ircd's that hide ulined servers so users can't see them anyway.

Second, you can already do that by JUPE'ing a completely fake server name.

Third, faking such a server is 10,000% pointless since NO ONE can connect to them. The ONLY thing this will do is increase your server count and users don't give a crap about that. Other Admins, and opers may .. but they will know they are fake.

So, in the end .. what's the point?

Incognito.US.IRCMojo.Net        (9)  1
|-services.ircmojo.net          (9)  
| `-some.fictional.server.name  (0)
`-stats.ircmojo.net             (1)  251

nodio

(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2007, 04:38:42 PM »

some bigs networks sells +x or +X modes to users, so, thats modes respectives are local and global virtual opers and admins, this sounks like good when u see that is more easy add some user with just adding /operserv voper add something,  what go to ircd.conf and add line to it...??? what u think?

[Edited on 13-6-2007 by nodio]

[Edited on 13-6-2007 by nodio]

katsklaw

(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2007, 09:24:52 PM »

I've never seen a "big" network sell anything. much less user modes, so I guess you will have to be more specific than you currently are. You must understand that not everyone know what a "virtual oper/admin" is ... explain it in detail what they are and what they do, why is it a good idea to have them and you may be suprised to find out that you can already do it..

nodio

(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2007, 10:06:21 PM »

like, when u add a virtual server just add a domain to ns server of shell and add with motd or not, after that u add a virtual admin of that server, that admin can add virtual opers via operserv, and they can manage your own users by operserv, do you understand me, but they are virtual staff, just for that alias of server!!! they have mode +x for local and +X for global virtal opers!!! i dunno explain that kind good, but i know one network what uses that, and one what was used that the onee is brasirc, irc.brasirc.org and the last is brasnet, irc.brasnet.org, and it isnt on ircd!! it is on services, i already seen that

katsklaw

(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2007, 11:21:05 PM »

Brasnet doesn't use Anope services.

Sorry, I still don't know what you are refering to because I don't know what a virtual server is, nor a virtual admin/oper. Perhaps someone else understands. what I DO understand is that virtual means fake and I know that Anope can not introduce anything to the network as an IRCd or otherwise that users can connect to. So I doubt seriously that Anope can or ever will do what you are asking.

I also know that it would require an ircd to support it if a virtual serv as you want it is the same as what Trystan has explained. I also know it will take much more than a module to handle it ..

[Edited on 13-6-2007 by katsklaw]

nodio

(No subject)
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2007, 03:58:59 AM »

23:09] <@Nodio> brasirc tem
[23:10] <@ThE_BesT_BoY[OFF]> [23:09:01] -OperServ- Comandos do OperServ:
[23:10] <@ThE_BesT_BoY[OFF]> [23:09:01] -OperServ-     STATS        Mostra estatísticas dos Services e da Rede
[23:10] <@ThE_BesT_BoY[OFF]> [23:09:01] -OperServ-     VLINK LIST   Lista todos os servidores virtuais da Rede
[23:10] <@ThE_BesT_BoY[OFF]> [23:09:01] -OperServ-     VADMIN LIST  Lista todos os IRCAdmins Virtuais autorizados
[23:10] <@ThE_BesT_BoY[OFF]> [23:09:01] -OperServ-     VCOP LIST    Lista todos os IRCops Virtuais autorizados
[23:10] <@ThE_BesT_BoY[OFF]> [23:09:01] -OperServ-     IRCOP LIST   Lista todos IRCops autorizados da Rede
[23:10] <@ThE_BesT_BoY[OFF]> [23:09:01] -OperServ-     BOTER LIST   Lista todos os Operadores do BotServ
[23:10] <@ThE_BesT_BoY[OFF]> [23:09:01] -OperServ-     HELPER LIST  Lista todos os Helpers autorizados da Rede
[23:10] <@ThE_BesT_BoY[OFF]> [23:09:01] -OperServ-     HOSTER LIST  Lista todos os Operadores do HostServ
[23:10] <@Nodio> ThE_BesT_BoY[OFF]
[23:10] <@ThE_BesT_BoY[OFF]> [23:09:01] -OperServ-     NOTICER LIST Lista todos os Operadores do global e do eventmsg
[23:10] <@ThE_BesT_BoY[OFF]> [23:09:01] -OperServ-     OPER LIST    Lista todos os Operadores dos Services
[23:10] * @ThE_BesT_BoY[OFF] (Wesley@201.41.2.Bahianet-22275) desconectou (Excess Flood)
[23:10] * ThE_BesT_BoY[OFF] (Wesley@201.41.2.Bahianet-22275) entrou no #ircd
[23:10] <@Leo> ThE_BesT_BoY[OFF]

this is a quote from anope service with this feature???
soo, what u tell me?

nodio

(No subject)
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2007, 04:02:19 AM »

if its a fake status, or not, not is the point, the point is, i will can add oper, helper, admin, all of this this throught operserv and it will have not same motd for admin!! understand me?
i want it just to dont wanna make changes on ircd conf just operserv!!!

Jan Milants

• Team
(No subject)
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2007, 09:41:52 AM »

well for starters, i don't speak spannish so i still don't know a lot more. i can guess what it means, but it doesn't tell a lot.

second, as far as i can understand, you want a feature so that operserv can modify the servers' settings which are stored in the .conf... or at least something that comes down to this point.
and that s exactly what is not possible, at least not with any ircd i know. you seem to be forgetting that Anope can only implement stuff that the IRCd supports. That s why if you use unreal you will have a hostserv, but on bahamut (ircd) you won't. And as far as i knwo there is simply no IRCd that supports what you are asking for. PTlink does support virtual servers (they even refer to brasnet in what Trystan posted), but i doubt that can be modified through services, it likely has to be done in the configuration files.
I didn't even mention about managing a network of different ircd's each with their virtual servers...

and as for brasnet, they use an ircd they wrote themselves and i guess they might even have services integrated into it (ewww)
if you want the feature that badly, maybe ask if they care releasing their ircd...

katsklaw

(No subject)
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2007, 11:08:42 AM »

nodio, if it is Anope Services, then get the module from them .. because we don't have it .. Good Day

nodio

(No subject)
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2007, 11:39:41 PM »

Why not do a new OperFlag system? A more dynamic, that the network admins or ServerAdmins have more control in actions of IRCops, and not that old thing... NetAdmin, SAdmin, ServerAdmin, Globop, and locop, but control actions, example:

/OperAccess <login> Kill YES
/OperAccess <login> Override YES
/OperAccess <login> Gline YES

Why not?
or

Like BRASnet network, where the Vlinks have Vcops ( +x ) and VAdmins ( +X ), and is controlled by server, example:

I, Nodio, Vcop ( Virtual IRCop ) from Vcop.BR.BrasNet.Org
So, when i connect and identify my nick in this server, i get +x
and will can kill people in my vlink... but in others servers I don't gain +x
only in mine... As VAdmin ( +X, Virtual Admin) can administre the Vcops in your server, by typing /OperServ IRCop del/add/list, but can only have 10 Vcops and the Vadmin, and on each server that type /OperServ IRCop list, is different, or best, each Vadmin see the list of Vcops of your server...

I hope that can understand...

[Edited on 18-6-2007 by nodio]

nodio

(No subject)
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2007, 05:07:27 AM »

some one will help or this will stay unfinished, any cant make it, its so hard??

nice to see
Regards

Jan Milants

• Team
(No subject)
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2007, 04:01:11 PM »

1. A new operserv permission system is scheduled for the anope 1.9 branch if i m not mistaken. Implementing it through a module is technically possible, but definately not the nicest way since you have to reimplement all operserv commands. Katsklaw actually bothered doing something along these lines in this module, but it s not yet similar to what you described, and personally i don't have the need for such a system anyways.

and for the record, as you allready indicated: operflag has nothing to do with services.
and not that old thing... NetAdmin, SAdmin, ServerAdmin, Globop, and locop
those are IRCd access levels, not services access levels.

therefor what you were asking for
/OperAccess <login> Kill YES
/OperAccess <login> Override YES
/OperAccess <login> Gline YES
will never be implemented by anope since those are IRCd permissions and have nothing to do with services

2. As for the virtual server thing, there is only one IRCd which implements this, ptlink, so i see no reason why anope would add such a complicated system for just one ircd. Personally i don't even see the use for it anyways.

And this as well would probably require a lot of changes to the core and cannot (or at least not nicely) be implemented by a module.

You may be trying to imitate BRASnet in any possible way, but personally i m not that unhappy with the current anope way. Their stupid PM on connect bugs the hell out of me anyways.
If you want their system, go ask them...

and srr if i sounded rude at some points, but i don't share your quest for "perfection"...

nodio

(No subject)
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2007, 09:04:30 AM »

the thing what i always ask is one kind way to put ircops in network without need open shell and add olines and rehash server, jst make it all through services, got it?

just it

Jobe

• Contributor
    • Anope IRC Services
(No subject)
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2007, 11:46:10 AM »

http://www.anope.org/modules/ircd_oper.c

That module, although old and probably no longer works, allows you to add opers on the fly.

Another way you can do it with Unreal is remote includes, a PHP script hosted on a webserver and a MySQL DB.

[Edited on 8-7-2007 by Jobe1986]
Your IP: ()
My IRC Status:

Come along and visit http://www.anopequotes.org/
Pages: [1]   Go Up