Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: BotServ Addon  (Read 8791 times)

chaokusc

BotServ Addon
« on: February 12, 2006, 06:58:53 PM »

Is it possable for anyone to make an addon for BotServ so i can have multiple bots in a single channel ?

steven_elvisda

(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2006, 06:51:56 AM »

*yoink*

[Edited on 13-2-2006 by Rob]

Pieter Bootsma

• Team
    • http://geniusdex.net/
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2006, 07:30:28 AM »

DON'T USE RAW. It is dangerous, will desynch services, and basically is unsupported. This should be done via a module, but ideally it should not be done because one bot is enough; the others won't add functionality.

SkaterStuff

(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2006, 05:39:00 PM »

Right dont get me wrong but if you add more then one bot to the same chan it will be like a war as they don't like to work togher.

Spy

(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2006, 07:38:08 PM »

chaokusc,
You could use my module, but the bot won`t function in the channel, it will just sit there. Assigning two bots to one chan is useless because all the bot actions will be duplicated which will make quite a mess. And i refuse to think what will happen if the bots` settings differs...
Join and part module:
http://openet.ath.cx/os_joinpart.c

PureBlood

(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2006, 05:31:55 AM »

I don't see why you need to have more than one bot in a channel. I mean, one bot will give the normal functions, having two or more won't give you anymore functions, it will also causes problem with the ops/halfops/etc. Also, using raw is dangours. ( I would know) If you really want to add a anther bot, get an eggdrop!

:)

AlexTepes

(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2006, 02:18:35 PM »

Dude, Thats what Devnull and Unlaggy internet connections are for.

I've only seen Anope desynch if it's on AOL Lol.
If ya don't know how to use RAW I'd imagine it'd desynch, But I've IRC for Nine years and I haven't desynched anope since it was created.  And I always do RAW and join all services into a channel.

[Edited on 18-4-2006 by AlexTepes]

Dave Robson

• Team
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2006, 05:02:33 PM »

as soon as you use raw to join 1 service into a channel, anope is desynced, you just dont notice any bad symptoms... :)

bloodz

• Anope User
    • bloodz
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2008, 05:12:02 AM »

err didnt ever knew that so if you were to use raw in any case it would desync anope?

Jan Milants

• Team
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2008, 11:34:56 AM »

yes... raw makes services send the command directly to the ircd without processing it. So the ircd receives a join message for a channel and thinks a new services client joined, whereas services have no clue about it.
As an example of what it can break: if the last user leaves services think the channel is empty whereas the ircd still sees the client that was joined with raw. Result is for example that services thinks all bans were removed whereas they haven't because there s still one user in channel according to the ircd. Then if for example the owner got banned, he can't use chanserv unban to get back in because services will think the channel doesn't exist and therefore can't contain bans...
Just one example...
The same probllem applies to all modules that are currently around that join more bots into channels.. none of the modules will make the bots leave when the last real user leaves.

and if you manage to send the right string with raw, you can even crash the ircd :)
If you like me donate coins to 1FBmZVT4J8WAUMHKqpWhgNVj3XXnRN1cCk :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up