Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: idle channel  (Read 11631 times)

k4be

idle channel
« on: February 09, 2006, 07:03:08 PM »

I want to force users to join one channel when they are not on any channel for some time. I saw this feature on other network, but don't know even if to do it with services or IRCd (Unreal). Where can i find it in configuration? or what's module's name?

Mischi

(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2006, 07:42:07 PM »

I think it's an ircd module, afaik anope can't affect that a user joins/parts a channel

k4be

(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2006, 08:12:54 PM »

I found an Anope module with my friend's help. Here it is: http://www.anope.org/modules/os_notinchanlist.c
It uses SVSJOIN command.

SkaterStuff

(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2006, 05:07:37 AM »

why would you want to force someone to join a chan? i would leave that server if it did that. as some peaple like to leave there channel and be afk and not idle in the chan.

k4be

(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2006, 02:40:38 PM »

there are a lot of warez bots on the network, but warez chan was closed 3 months ago...

chaokusc

(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2006, 07:35:18 PM »

in your ircd.conf you should add something like this... this is for my unrealircd.conf

Im not sure how to get to join this if idle... but it will auto join on connect... may still be usefull

Code: [Select]
set {
kline-address "email@youraddress.com";
modes-on-connect "+ixw";
modes-on-oper "+xwgs";
auto-join "#IDLE";
dns {
nameserver 127.0.0.1;
timeout 2s;
retries 2;
};
};

SkaterStuff

(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2006, 03:45:12 AM »

he said they are on his server after he shut down wars..  

if you want to get rid of them let me know i can try to help.

ShelLuser

(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2006, 01:31:27 PM »

Originally posted by k4be
there are a lot of warez bots on the network, but warez chan was closed 3 months ago...

It sounds to me as if you're looking for a way to get  channels of your network. I wouldn't start trying to get idle people to forcibly join some channel, that is very likely to just scare them off.

Instead, why not look at trying to block the use of these channels?  On Anope you have options like "suspend" and "forbid" in chanserv, most ircd's will also support blocking certain channels.  Personally I prefer adding the channels which really violate network policy in a common (shared) config file so that no matter what people will always be unable to create these channels. This will also save you "kick fest overhead" whenever your services get disabled for whatever reason (and will also stop kiddies who may try to attack your services in order to get these channels working, even though this is very unlikely to happen on smaller networks).
Pages: [1]   Go Up