Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: i know this is silly and don't want to waste your time  (Read 6323 times)

Deepwaters

• Anope User
    • http://www.irc-future.com
i know this is silly and don't want to waste your time
« on: February 23, 2006, 04:14:51 PM »

and more like you are going to rub my nose in it.
we have just taken a new link, which as a different network name, will this slow down services ,if he goes from us(a) back to his(b) services takes some time releasing his nick and its set to 1s.Any ideas? or is it something else i need to look at?
i get no errors from unrealircd other than network names,
and no errors from anope 1.7.13.so i am |:(

ShelLuser

(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2006, 01:25:52 PM »

I'm not sure I fully understand what you mean here but lets give it a try anyway.

Originally posted by Deepwaters
we have just taken a new link, which as a different network name, will this slow down services ,if he goes from us(a) back to his(b) services takes some time releasing his nick and its set to 1s.Any ideas?

So you changed your hostname and network name and are now worried about response time?  That shouldn't influence the setup at all, once your network is linked with the services and all your peers have the appropiate u-lines set (which works on names, not IP's) there shouldn't be a problem.

From experience I'd say that if you notice weird behaviour which makes you wonder about timing (say; chanserv enters a channel, idles and only moments later starts doing something) the first thing to do is to check u-lines (/stats U on Unreal).

Deepwaters

• Anope User
    • http://www.irc-future.com
thanks for your help
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2006, 05:25:33 PM »

all our u-lines are the same ,after investigating the problem we found it was some thing else.
But thanks for your time.
Pages: [1]   Go Up