Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: WTH im not registered?!?!?!?  (Read 5024 times)

hc2995

WTH im not registered?!?!?!?
« on: August 17, 2006, 05:12:03 AM »

ok i connected to my IRC server but heres something odd.... my auto nickserv login script didnt fire. so i typed it in manually and heres the other thing "Your nickname isnt registered" WTF?!?!?! so i go to the channels i registered and there not registered anymore! this is getting weird here because i never restarted or changed anything in the config files!!! ill attach a copy of my log files for the services and see if someone can help me!

[Edited on 17-8-2006 by hc2995]

[Edited on 17-8-2006 by hc2995]

Jan Milants

• Team
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2006, 10:35:29 AM »

looks like at [Aug 16 16:49:18 2006] anope was started twice, even though a version is still running...

i don't see how this is related wth ur nick no longer being regged though.. maybe it expired ?
If you like me donate coins to 1FBmZVT4J8WAUMHKqpWhgNVj3XXnRN1cCk :)

Jobe

• Contributor
    • Anope IRC Services
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2006, 12:58:46 PM »

Perhaps when closing the second copy of Anope (which wasn't connected to the IRCd) auto saved the DB's with the data it believed to be correct (no data at all due to not being able to have got any) therefore saving blank data over the top of the registered Nick and Channel.
Your IP: ()
My IRC Status:

Come along and visit http://www.anopequotes.org/

Jan Milants

• Team
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2006, 02:14:58 PM »

as far as i know anope loads the databases into memory, the .db files are not read during execeution, anope uses the versions loaded in its memory so changes to the .db would go undetected and would probably be overwritten on the next save.
If you like me donate coins to 1FBmZVT4J8WAUMHKqpWhgNVj3XXnRN1cCk :)

hc2995

(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2006, 03:50:26 PM »

well if you look it talks something about a broken pipe so is it possible that the DB never saved?

hc2995

(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2006, 04:00:46 PM »

ok its working now i just killed the server and services then restarted the server and then the services and im registered now :D
Pages: [1]   Go Up