Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to make double services  (Read 2475 times)

dead

• Anope User
How to make double services
« on: November 25, 2008, 08:03:02 PM »

Greeting all,

i wanna ask how to make double services, for example

1st at services.mynet.com
2nd at services2.mynet.com

but i want both services using 1 database using other shell not using on 1st or 2nd services, is it possible to do?, the point is to make backup when the 1st services is down, thanks

zEkE

• Anope User
Re: How to make double services
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2008, 10:28:06 PM »

Assuming *nix shells, this is how I have set this up in the past:

Both services maintain the same name, services.mynetwork.net, thus both cannot be online at the same time.

At regular intervals, once every 24 hours is probably fine, the databases are sent by FTP or by SCP (SCP is probably easier, just need to set up SSH keys for passwordless connecting).

Both services have identical config files, except for remote-server config.

The backup services are configured to be readonly from startup (./services -readonly), and both (backup especially) set to try starting every 5 minutes. (or longer if desired, not too high though)

Upon connecting, backup services will be rejected, as main services are online, and stop again.

If main services go down, backup services will be permitted to connect.

A bot could be configured to squit or shutdown the backup services if the primary services come online again, or it could be an oper-performed task (keep in mind that if your primary services are going down because of intermittent issues, it will result in a lot of netsplitting for your users - something to keep in mind.
Pages: [1]   Go Up