Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anope Testing Networks  (Read 9154 times)

Charles Kingsley

• Contributor
Anope Testing Networks
« on: June 18, 2006, 10:07:57 PM »

Hi all,

With us now finally settled on our forums and all other migrations complete, I am once again looking for Networks who use our development releases (currently 1.7.x) who would be interested in helping us test and bug find on our quest to release 1.8-stable, and begin work on the long whispered about 2.x.

What do we require from you?
- Run the latest Anope we give you the url to. (svn would be better!)
- Be prepared to update weekly or even more! (simple restarts probably)
- Be able to set up and install without asking us every little question. (We are glad new users use anope, but for testing, we need eager and confident people)
- Be able to report back to us on anything you find out of the ordinary.

Interested??

Please contact me chaz(at)anope.org with the following information:

. Network Name
. Network Roundrobin Address (irc.?)
. Your Name / Nickname on IRC
. Your Position on the Network (must have access to services server to upgrade/restart as appropriate, and prior permission from the Network Administration)
. Which IRCd does your network use? (/quote version server-address on IRC)
. How Many Servers does your Network have?
. How many users does your Network have?
. Current Anope Version (we advise users running less than 1.7.14 to upgrade to that before applying)
. Which OS is the server running under? (uname -a at the shell prompt / exact version of Windows from the System Info dialog)
. Which version of GCC are you running? (gcc -v at the shell prompt / Copy the header from cl on Windows)

PLEASE DO NOT APPLY IF YOU DO NOT HAVE THE MEANS TO COMPILE SOURCE CODE ON YOUR SERVER. IE, IF YOU USE PRECOMPILED BINARIES YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO USE THE PRE-RELEASE MATERIAL.

Thanks in advance, and any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Charles Kingsley

• Contributor
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2006, 09:58:19 AM »

I'm rather disappointed at the lack of people applying .. I currently have about 10 or so, but would like many more. Please, sign up, even if you only operate a small network for friends etc, as everybody's experiences will help us build the most stable Anope release thus far.

LEthaLity

• Team
    • LEthaLity
Re: Anope Testing Networks
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2008, 02:56:32 PM »

never saw this post, i install the latest one moment i see it, will be emailing shortly
Pages: [1]   Go Up