Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: need some help  (Read 9084 times)

John Daniels

• Anope User
need some help
« on: March 11, 2013, 09:58:19 PM »

Sorry i dunno where this goes new to anope forums please place me in the right direction if i am in the wrong i have a really important question: can you give an ircop Sa Privledges if they already recieved oper cause i got given service administrator on a brand new irc and everytime i do sajoin or something it says not enough irc operator privledges i am also on the server admin list HELP

katsklaw

• Supporter
  • Anope User
Re: need some help
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2013, 06:16:00 PM »

This area is kinda confusing for new users because it's sometimes hard to tell where the services support for ircd modes begins/ends.

To use /sa* commands (I assume you use Unreal, Bahamut, DreamForge or the like)

1> You must be opered and set as a services admin (which grants umode +a on the ircd)
2> On at least Anope 1.8, you need to also be on the Services Oper list, identified and have an asterisk (*) next to your nick in /os staff^
3> You must also BE umode +a (/mode your-nick +a)

^ This is because by default Anope will set -a on any oper than is *not* on the services Oper/Admin or Root lists.

John Daniels

• Anope User
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2013, 08:05:19 PM »

what i mean is like Super-admin getting given to a Server Administrator if they already retrieved there oper rank i am a +A not a +a can a +A use super admin commands plus i am on the list have the asterisk and still nothing
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 08:15:32 PM by John Daniels »

katsklaw

• Supporter
  • Anope User
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2013, 03:26:17 AM »

Super Admin is a services oper level. Your IRCd has no clue what it is.

On 1.8, only Services Root can be SuperAdmins by default and has to be activated. See /msg operserv help set
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 03:27:51 AM by katsklaw »

John Daniels

• Anope User
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2013, 05:53:01 PM »

Omg if this helps my friend made a irc using Unrealircd, now i am on the /os Staff list, I have the little * next to my name i also am a Server Administrator +A not {+a} I've Also Tried To mode myself using [/mode My-Nick +A/+a]

AND nothing happened i just want to know why i can't receive Super Admin Privileges.

Zero

• Anope User
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2013, 12:00:15 AM »

You do not have usermode +a at all?

Quote from: Unreal's /helpop ?sajoin
***** Sajoin *****
 -
 Forces a user to join a channel.
 Services Admin Command
 -
 Syntax:  SAJOIN <nick> <channel>,[<channel2>..]
 Example: SAJOIN hAtbLaDe #OperHelp
          SAJOIN hAtbLaDe #Support,#IRCHelp
 -

UnrealIRCd Operblock Flags

katsklaw

• Supporter
  • Anope User
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2013, 07:33:49 AM »

Omg if this helps my friend made a irc using Unrealircd, now i am on the /os Staff list, I have the little * next to my name i also am a Server Administrator +A not {+a} I've Also Tried To mode myself using [/mode My-Nick +A/+a]

AND nothing happened i just want to know why i can't receive Super Admin Privileges.

You are completely confused here.

1> Services Admin (umode +a) is required for /sa* commands, not Server Admin (umode +A) or even Super Admin (services only setting that is only available to Services Roots and has nothing at all to do with umodes at all) or any other kind of admin.

2> Server Admin (+A) does NOT grant services admin +a, they are completely different!

3> By default Anope will REMOVE umode +a on ALL users that try to set it WITHOUT also being the /os staff list as a OPER, ADMN or ROOT with an asterisk (*) next to their nick.

4> You must have umode +a to perform /sa* commands.

5> You must have umode +a to perform /sa* commands.

6> You must have umode +a to perform /sa* commands.

7> Identify'ing to NickServ BEFORE you /oper will insure you KEEP you +a, that is if you have +a to start with, which comes from having the services-admin oper flag in your UnrealIRCd oper block.

8> The "sa" in /sa* commands means "services admin", not Server,Super,Superb or even Sexy Admin.

9> You must have umode +a to perform /sa* commands.

10> You must have umode +a to perform /sa* commands.

Finally, Anope and Unreal are completely seperate programs and so are their respective oper levels, do NOT confuse Super Admin (Anope) with the services-admin (umode +a) oper flag .. THEY ARE COMPLETELY UNRELATED!
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 07:38:58 AM by katsklaw »

John Daniels

• Anope User
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2013, 09:54:02 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up