Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Completion of MySQL Integration  (Read 5329 times)

Kevin

Completion of MySQL Integration
« on: May 03, 2006, 08:30:27 AM »

Dear Anope Devel's;

Do you have any ETA on the completion of the MySQL integration functions? I am wanting to use MySQL to store the databases, but as I understand it, it's not currently even a good idea to run anope with MySQL enabled on larger networks as it is, and I've also been told that you can only write to the database, not read. Or was it the other way around?

Anyhoo, I would very much like to see this part of your services completed. Please advise.

Thanks,
Kevin

Jan Milants

• Team
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2006, 04:55:37 PM »

1.7.x is the current development version and live mysql support won't be included in the 1.7 branch as far as i am aware so it won't happen before there s a new development branch started...

i m not even entirely sure whether this was planned because, as i understand it, mysql is much slower then the regular databases, so it would be practically impossible to store data only in a mysql since the response time of for example a simple nickserv identify would suffer greatly... that s just how i see it. it s probably possible to get around this by running 2 databases but there d be the problem of keeping them synced... anyways, if there will be read/write support in the future, i think think it will be in the near future

edit: almost forgot, the development crew rarely gives ETA's... i really doubt they will give one for something in the not near future

[Edited on 3-5-2006 by Viper]
If you like me donate coins to 1FBmZVT4J8WAUMHKqpWhgNVj3XXnRN1cCk :)

Kevin

(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2006, 08:11:24 PM »

Alright, thanks for the heads up!

//Kevin

Pieter Bootsma

• Team
    • http://geniusdex.net/
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2006, 07:55:51 AM »

I'll tell what we are planning for MySQL currently, but be aware that it will probably take months before we're done with it.

We currently have a seperate branch on SVN where we removed the current MySQL-code and have started on a new, modular database system. This system will be used for all databases we support, including disk databases. Due to it's modularity, new database formats can also be added with ease. Currently only simple things like LOGONNEWS work via the new interface, and it will take quite some time before we have converted the whole of Anope.

Keep in mind that i can make no guarantees about when or if this will be done ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up