Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Flood blocking by the server  (Read 6493 times)

FNdanielNl

Flood blocking by the server
« on: January 05, 2008, 07:45:54 PM »

I saw that it is possible to block flood by the server.

That if somebody is flooding, for example only the first 5 lines will be send and that the others will be blocked.

Cane this be done from anope? I tried it first on the unreal server but whit no results :S

Example:
<user> sadfffffffff
<user> sadfffffffff
<user> sadfffffffff
<user> sadfffffffff
<user> sadfffffffff
irc.server.com Messages have been blocked (No Flooding)

Jobe

• Contributor
    • Anope IRC Services
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2008, 08:08:18 PM »

Anope hos no power or capability to block them, but BotServ has settings to auto-kick a user for flooding and ban after a specified number of kicks.
Your IP: ()
My IRC Status:

Come along and visit http://www.anopequotes.org/

katsklaw

(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2008, 10:44:45 PM »

if you search the official Unreal docs for the word "flood" you will find what you are looking for within 10 seconds.

http://www.unrealircd.com/files/docs/unreal32docs.html

FNdanielNl

(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2008, 02:23:37 PM »

I think you dont understand what i mean because the unreal irc munual got some info about flood protection but it doesnt work like the way i want it to work. It cant block the messages but it works whit channel modes. However there included spamfilter option can block the messages but that needs to be triggered by an text and not by an count of lines in seconds.

I dont want to to work whit channel modes, i want to have the protection global. And i dont want that poeple being kicked after breaking the channel mode settings but i want the messages being blocked.

[Edited on 6-1-2008 by FNdanielNl]

katsklaw

(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2008, 02:30:12 PM »

You do not understand. The IRCd, in this Unreal, needs to do all the text, blocking, filtering, displaying, altering. So if the ircd isn't doing what you want, you have 3 choices: deal with it, write it yourself, complain to the ircd development team.

Services sees everything on IRC *after* the fact so it can't block or prevent anything at all. This is purely an IRCd question. Think of it as Services is last to know what's going on.

IRCd's can react or prevent, Services can only react.

Moving to General Forum.

FNdanielNl

(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2008, 08:12:39 PM »

1 deal with it = dont think so, i do know it is possible.
2 one of my netadmins is busy whit it, but he said also to ask here
3 that will not work, i first asked it there but they can not come whit a good solution. exept for making a module :S

and yea i do understand the thing why i said you dont understand it is because you do direct me to something cant use at all.

[Edited on 6-1-2008 by FNdanielNl]

Jan Milants

• Team
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2008, 09:14:00 PM »

well you will have to go back to your ircd dev team...
Even with a module anope can't possible block a flood because the ircd doesn't tell services about the flood untill after it happened. The IRCd is the only thing that can block it before it happens... if anope has to deal with it, it can only react like kick or ban or so...

[Edited on 6-1-2008 by Viper]
If you like me donate coins to 1FBmZVT4J8WAUMHKqpWhgNVj3XXnRN1cCk :)

katsklaw

(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2008, 09:15:04 PM »

Looks like you are stuck with #2 then, btw .. the module they refer to is for the ircd .. not Anope.

casper1256

• Anope User
    • http://www.chatspecial.nl
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2008, 11:25:00 AM »

This makes me wonder, Daniel. Why do you think you could be helped here better than on the Unrealforums? I told you that services can't do what you want.

As suggested before, code a module which can do that.
Network Administrator
ChatSpecial.nl
Pages: [1]   Go Up