Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Services Join Services Channel  (Read 4318 times)

TheDevil07

Services Join Services Channel
« on: October 13, 2007, 09:07:28 PM »

Im using Anope 1.7.x and was wondering if its possiable to get NickServ ChanServ OperServ and Global to join the services Logging channel and if so is it also possiable for them to give out the Global msgs. For example if someone identifys to NickServ then NickServ will give me the info rather than Global.

Thanks

Errebehache

• Anope User
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2007, 09:54:49 PM »

you can use ircd_init module

Jobe

• Contributor
    • Anope IRC Services
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2007, 12:25:06 PM »

One thing I would like to know though, which nobody has yet found an actual reason for, is why do bot's that are NOT designed to be on a channel need to be there to begin with?

Neostats started that whole "leet to have all the services bots on one channel" bad practice craze. And it's not good for anything except to break services.
Your IP: ()
My IRC Status:

Come along and visit http://www.anopequotes.org/

katsklaw

(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2007, 12:31:27 PM »

Originally posted by Jobe1986
One thing I would like to know though, which nobody has yet found an actual reason for, is why do bot's that are NOT designed to be on a channel need to be there to begin with?

Neostats started that whole "leet to have all the services bots on one channel" bad practice craze. And it's not good for anything except to break services.

It's for the same reason people never use the search feature on forums. There are at least 200 threads on this very same topic, all with the very same answer. Yet no one bothers to search for the answer first. :(
Pages: [1]   Go Up