Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New version installation problem  (Read 6854 times)

scarcorp

• Anope User
    • irc.scarcorp.com.au
New version installation problem
« on: August 12, 2007, 08:28:02 AM »

Hi,
     I'm a newbie.  I have unrealircd3.2.7 and currently using using anope-1.6.5  My installation is working without any problems under Fedora Core 7.

Problem is; I have tried to upgrade to the latest anope version, I backed up my /services directory and tried to install the new version, unfortunately the install script doesn't ask which ircd version I am using like the old ./Config script did, and therefore it won't work!

I would like to upgrade :)

One other little thing I am somewhat curious about:
     When BotServ bots are on channel they show up as &BotNick and NetWork Ops as .@Nick  Is this normal?  Is it possible to make the bots show up as normal OPs i.e. @BotNick ??

Cheers and thanks >:)

SNU

• Anope User
    • http://www.firstclassirc.com
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2007, 09:11:54 AM »

In version 1.7 you have to choose the ircd-type inside the services.conf
There were several changes so if you "upgrade" I'd prefer a completely new install. So I mean: don't overwrite the old files!
The onliest thing is: you can use the *.db Files and copy them into the new services installation. Set up the services.conf carefully! There are many changes in 1.7!

Jan Milants

• Team
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2007, 10:27:46 AM »

as for & and @ signs, On unrealircd ~ is for channel founders (+q), & for channel admins (+a) and @ for channel ops (+o). Has nothing to do with anope. I believe the special signs can be disabled in the config file of unreal before compiling the ircd, but you will have to ask unrealircd support for that...
Even then, they will show as @, but still get mode +a and thus keep their higher level.
As for "NetWork Ops" has nothing to do with anything network related...
If you like me donate coins to 1FBmZVT4J8WAUMHKqpWhgNVj3XXnRN1cCk :)

scarcorp

• Anope User
    • irc.scarcorp.com.au
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2007, 11:39:34 AM »

Thanks for that :)

After renaming my extisting /service directory and installing the new version of anope services won't connect now, this is the error I get:
*** Notice -- Connection to services.scarcorp.com.au[127.0.0.1] activated.
*** LocOps -- Link denied for irc.scarcorp.com.au(unknown@127.0.0.1) (No link block named 'irc.scarcorp.com.au') [@127.0.0.1.60417]
*** LocOps -- ERROR :from services.scarcorp.com.au[127.0.0.1] -- Link denied (No matching link configuration) [@127.0.0.1.60417]
*** LocOps -- ERROR :from services.scarcorp.com.au[127.0.0.1] -- Closing Link: [127.0.0.1] (Link denied (No matching link configuration))
*** LocOps -- Server services.scarcorp.com.au[127.0.0.1] closed the connection

I have checked and double checked the services.conf settings and it has me stumped, have I missed something?  I haven't altered anything else, in fact when I restore (rename) my original /services directory and restart it's working fine.  So I can only assume that it has something to do with services.conf

Cheers :)

Jan Milants

• Team
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2007, 11:59:56 AM »

i think you messed the naming up...
from what i can see you have named your services "irc.scarcorp.com.au" instead of "services.scarcorp.com.au"
If you like me donate coins to 1FBmZVT4J8WAUMHKqpWhgNVj3XXnRN1cCk :)

scarcorp

• Anope User
    • irc.scarcorp.com.au
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2007, 12:12:48 PM »

There is nothing named "irc.scarcorp.com.au" in services.conf

SNU

• Anope User
    • http://www.firstclassirc.com
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2007, 03:56:07 PM »

No you have a Linkblock in your unrealircd.conf with that name but named you services not with that name ( directive "ServerName" ).

Read this carefully: http://forum.anope.org/viewthread.php?tid=1267

[Bearbeitet am 12-8-2007 von SNU]

scarcorp

• Anope User
    • irc.scarcorp.com.au
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2007, 11:20:09 PM »

I have found the problem: After looking at the services.chk file I noticed the path to ./services was incorrect <silly me>

All working perfectly now :)

Thank you for your help, it's appreciated  (now I have to work out how to install new modules)

Cheers
Pages: [1]   Go Up