Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: umode +h to %  (Read 7247 times)

coxy

umode +h to %
« on: January 12, 2007, 02:35:07 PM »

Hello,
anyone know how to edit this, I want my services to auto give umode +h for halfops(%)  from my #help channel, where can I edit? thanks you.

Jan Milants

• Team
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2007, 03:27:35 PM »

you would need to mody the Anope core source code (not a configurable thinh) which is unsupported and voids any future support you may need..
If you like me donate coins to 1FBmZVT4J8WAUMHKqpWhgNVj3XXnRN1cCk :)

katsklaw

(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2007, 06:11:16 PM »

to be clear, you are confusing user modes and channel modes. usermode +h is helpops (generally for IRCops) and channelmode +h is halfops

You should try: /cs help hop
Also see: /ns help set autop

With NSModeOnID enabled as well as the persons autoop turned on, if a user is on the channels hop list, they will get auto-halfops when they join or when they identify. This of course assumes your ircd supports halfops.

Jan Milants

• Team
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2007, 09:00:56 PM »

actually.... either he s confusing the 2 or he s asking a completely different thing :)

i thought he was asking about changing the helpchannel behavior of anope
Code: [Select]
# HelpChannel       <channel>      [OPTIONAL]
#     When defined, every users that has or gets op status on this channel
#     automatically receive the +h user mode.

to make that halfop instead of op status...

and since i know how frustrating it can be to start digging through everything when you r still quite new to it i ll point you in the right direction... if that s what you are asking and you are willing to void all future support at least.
you need to edit /src/channels.c, more precisely the chan_set_user_status function...
can't say more since i m not sure about the policy on posting core code changes, but i expect it would be the same as for posting raw strings... :)

edit: you could also post this as a feature request... there is a feature freeze on the current line to keep the database compatible with 1.6, but this would require very little code changes and wouldn't affect the db to make if configurable in services.conf, though personally i think it s much more simple to just give the ops... on the other hand on many ircds, ops is the highest rank in a channel.... can't hurt trying :)

[Edited on 12-1-2007 by Viper]

[Edited on 12-1-2007 by Viper]
If you like me donate coins to 1FBmZVT4J8WAUMHKqpWhgNVj3XXnRN1cCk :)

katsklaw

(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2007, 09:23:56 PM »

to be honest, now that I re-read the original post I can't be certain that I'm completely correct either, simply because they stated usermode +h and halfops.

coxy, if you could please explain a little more or a little differently so we can get you accurate help please. :)

User123

(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2007, 11:14:26 PM »

I think what he wants is that if someone receives halfops in the specified help channel they will also get the usermode +h like with ops - so instead of just getting the usermode +h when they get opped he wants it to also make it be able to get user mode +h when you become a halfop aswell.

coxy

(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2007, 02:46:03 AM »

That's i mean bros :D

Originally posted by User123
I think what he wants is that if someone receives halfops in the specified help channel they will also get the usermode +h like with ops - so instead of just getting the usermode +h when they get opped he wants it to also make it be able to get user mode +h when you become a halfop aswell.

Jobe

• Contributor
    • Anope IRC Services
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2007, 11:58:59 AM »

Originally posted by katsklaw
to be honest, now that I re-read the original post I can't be certain that I'm completely correct either, simply because they stated usermode +h and halfops.

coxy, if you could please explain a little more or a little differently so we can get you accurate help please. :)

He does say he wants his #help channel's half-ops (%) to get "umode" +h:
Originally posted by coxy
I want my services to auto give umode +h for halfops(%) from my #help channe
Your IP: ()
My IRC Status:

Come along and visit http://www.anopequotes.org/

Hassankhalid

(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2007, 02:07:48 PM »

what you actully wana do explain more thx.

coxy

(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2007, 01:17:40 AM »

ok bros, I got some idea to give umode +h for my % :D

thanks alot for reply me.....
Pages: [1]   Go Up