Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Uptime.  (Read 7859 times)

Cihan

Uptime.
« on: November 06, 2006, 03:47:32 PM »

I want to learn which version is the anope is more stable?

Everybody can you write here about your services uptime?

Who is the best? Which version must us use for uptime?

My services is up for 7 days more.. My server is 300 500 user.

Everybody write pls.

I am using anope 1.7.14. I will change it. Will i update to 1.7.x or 1.6.x

help pls i am waiting. thank you.

heinz

(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2006, 03:50:31 PM »

Uptime is no guarentee of "stableness" or anything else. A user could technically be running 1.7.0 with an uptime of over 2 years, but that doesn't mean to say 1.7.0 is stable or bug-free.

If you want something thats stable, use 1.6. If you want something that has more features, use 1.7.

Cihan

(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2006, 03:52:03 PM »

Thank you. But i need more answers :)

heinz

(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2006, 03:54:00 PM »

Like what? I've told you which is more stable, and which isn't. Uptime isn't a sign of anything, as 1.7 versions are released more often than 1.6 versions.

Stable = 1.6
Development = 1.7

If you want something that will have very few updates, and be stable the most, use 1.6. Simple.

Cihan

(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2006, 04:06:43 PM »

i know you said in theory? i want to learn in pratic. from users. please don't send answer. thank you for your answer. and now let the server admins to talk for their comment.

heinz

(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2006, 04:13:36 PM »

I'm just saying that what you see won't be balanced due to the nature of the 1.7 branch. All you'll see is uptimes of a few weeks maybe compared to the months seen by the 1.6 branch, not because of the "stableness" but because of the number of releases made.

Personally I can't see what this thread will achieve, but, i'll leave it open incase anyone wants to bite..

Cihan

(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2006, 04:15:03 PM »

Thank you. I only want to learn the user comments and feedbacks about expert people who uses both 16 and 17

SpaceDoG

• Anope User
    • http://www.hypermutt.net
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2006, 06:48:47 PM »

Cihan,

heinz already gave you the best possible answer. I run the 1.7.x branch. My "uptime" is low because of the amount of releases of the 1.7.x branch and the frequency with which I update services. With the 1.6.x branch you have less updates and therefor more "uptime" but at the cost of features. Now to the other version of "uptime" it depends on the OS you're running, the stability of the box, and whether or not you know what you're doing when you begin setting it all up. If you try to add/force things that shouldn't be you won't have much uptime even if you do get it up.

Cihan

(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2006, 11:34:41 PM »

sometimes i only write /os update or /os reload or anything. services quit. i am so angry about that...

heinz

(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2006, 11:37:48 PM »

Did you paste a topic with the error messages, the operating system you are running on, and the Anope version? If you want help, we need to know whats up.

Cihan

(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2006, 11:38:47 PM »

Ok i will send you the error msgs when my services down. :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up