Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: xmlrpc functions  (Read 10624 times)

Eyecu

• Anope User
xmlrpc functions
« on: February 14, 2012, 03:33:27 AM »

I'd like to see xmlrpc functions improved. The support that atheme's xmlrpc has is far more advanced then Anope's there are even a couple variants of web interfaces that work very well with that services...This is a big plus in their favour.  Having a web interface to services is getting to be a bigger need for alot of networks so improvements in this area is definately a plus.  Any testing that needs to be done I can gladly help out with.  The main functions I would love to see are Nickserv/chanserv functions.  But as you can see from the following link one really nice php package for atheme has more options then that http://services.chainscriptz.net  you can access the system with username: Test password: demonick.

LEthaLity

• Team
    • LEthaLity
Re: xmlrpc functions
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2012, 02:49:13 PM »

Sorry I must've forgotten the part where this is the "development" version of anope, if it's that important to you why don't you have a crack at improving it? The one provided in anope is just an example, and was always going to be improved upon along with the addition of phpAnope (which will let you administer anope from the web using both xmlrpc and sql)

Eyecu

• Anope User
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2012, 05:00:06 PM »

It's pretty sad when a user of a product makes a request and gets a smart ass response from a developer.  I understand everyone involved in this product does so on their free time and doesn't get paid for it.  But that doesn't give anyone the right to jump down someone's throat for making suggestions.  I have been a long time user of anope, and have always tried to sort issue's and what not myself instead tying up developers time, and the one time I make a suggestion this is the type of response I get. 

I made this suggestion due to the fact that people continue to ask for better support in this area and are told not at this time or theirs an example provided with anope or it's planned etc etc.  Well I'm sorry if I can't code and/or don't understand xmlrpc.  If I was a coder I wouldn't have to ask now would I.  With talking about atheme I was just pointing out that a competing product has some major advancements in area's users have been asking for with anope for quite along time.  Maybe cause I'm not a developer, but treating users of your products like idiots for making suggestions is not a good way to keep users and expand your product. 

Adam

• Team
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2012, 05:04:13 PM »

I'd like to see xmlrpc functions improved. The support that atheme's xmlrpc has is far more advanced then Anope's there are even a couple variants of web interfaces that work very well with that services...This is a big plus in their favour.  Having a web interface to services is getting to be a bigger need for alot of networks so improvements in this area is definately a plus.  Any testing that needs to be done I can gladly help out with.  The main functions I would love to see are Nickserv/chanserv functions.  But as you can see from the following link one really nice php package for atheme has more options then that http://services.chainscriptz.net  you can access the system with username: Test password: demonick.

That username/pass doesn't work.

Eyecu

• Anope User
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2012, 05:16:14 PM »

Sorry about that Adam, don't know what happened I setup atheme on a testnet to play with that web interface to see if i could get it to work with anope lol.  I made a new account for it uname: Anope pass: anope1

Adam

• Team
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2012, 05:20:06 PM »

I've been wanting to add more XMLRPC features however they are almost totally useless without shipping our own web cpanel, which we don't have. I really dislike web design and do not want to make one myself.

What we have now does allow executing commands, so you really aren't limited on what you can do over XMLRPC.

Eyecu

• Anope User
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2012, 05:23:19 PM »

hmmm ok well maybe i will try swap out the xmlrpc functions from atheme's to anope in that panel see if i can get it working with anope...if i can then it will give a good base to work on a panel for anope....IF i can get it working I will redesign it to more of the anope default design and stuff and pass it along to you guys.

Adam

• Team
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2012, 05:24:43 PM »

Who owns that panel?

Eyecu

• Anope User
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2012, 05:31:13 PM »

It was developed by www.epicgeeks.net/egs  and was released under gnu....I will be checking with the developer synmuffin before doing anything to see if they would mind if i used the base to work with anope. 

Adam

• Team
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2012, 05:32:47 PM »

That would be great.
Pages: [1]   Go Up