Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Module request/challenge/idea: Mortal /INVITE  (Read 6862 times)

Geir Andre Halle

• Anope User
Module request/challenge/idea: Mortal /INVITE
« on: August 07, 2010, 07:37:46 PM »

Module: Mortal /INVITE

INTRODUCTION:
- Hoping to run into someone else with too much time on their hands, I post my humble request here. Originally intended to use this project as an excuse to learn making modules, but progress is slow at the rate I'm getting into these things.

GOAL:
- Allow channel operators to request, and optionally get rid of, the Denora statsbot in their channel without admin intervention.

IDEAS:
  • An /invite from a channel operator adds that channel to database
  • Depending on module configuration, selected conditions must be true for inviting channels
    • Optionally require a configurable nick to be present in the channel (services)
    • Optionally require a configurable channel mode to be set (registered channel)
    • Optionally require a certain amount of people inside the channel
  • Denora stays in channel according to global configuration
    • Perhaps leave if conditions above are configured and no longer true (if set to do so)
    • In cases where the Denora client is prone to it, remove channel from database when a /kick is received

CLOSING WORDS:
- The important part is seeing the goal achieved. Compatibility across server types would be nice too. The ideas outlined is just how I picture such functionality without interacting with the bot directly (as with privmsg).
Pages: [1]   Go Up