Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Only registered users may talk  (Read 3817 times)

woodsier

• Anope User
Only registered users may talk
« on: March 22, 2009, 09:12:15 AM »

Hi guys, i'm not quite sure how to achieve this so I thought I might ask here.

Basically, I want to by some means set it so that only users that are registered and identified may talk in a channel. I am aware of the +R mode, however this still allows users to join a channel under an identified username, then change their name to another registered username (owned by someone else) once inside the channel, without identifying, and fool a BOT we have in our channel.

Is there a way to make it so that people who are not identified cannot talk? Can we set the server (unrealIRCD) or the services (anope 1.8.0) to make users that are identified get voice, and unidentified (say, if they change nick) lose voice, and set the channel to moderated?

TwinShadow

• Anope User
    • ShadowHime
Re: Only registered users may talk
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2009, 09:28:56 AM »

Your second method sounds more likely actually.

You can set the channel to moderated, and for every registered user, you can add the user to the VOP list (if your using the xOP system) or set access to 3 on the user(s) (for the access list system) and they will get auto-voice upon identifying. (So long as you have "SetModeOnID" enabled in the config for the services)

I don't think the IRCd actually has anything to do with the services really, so I wouldn't put too much hope on that.

Now, the hitch is of course, when they unidentify themselves. I don't know if that can be done through a module, but it might be possible. Dunno about it being a core feature though, never really put much thought into that.

Jens Voss

• Team
Re: Only registered users may talk
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2009, 09:38:04 AM »

UnrealIRCd Channelmode +M

M = only registered users can talk

Pages: [1]   Go Up