Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: question about ircd hybrid+anope  (Read 5819 times)

jr

question about ircd hybrid+anope
« on: February 10, 2009, 12:25:57 PM »

Greetings. I'm running ircd hybrid 7.2.2 and anope 1.8.0 (with mysql) under freebsd 7.1-stable. Everything seems fine except one thing: four core modules won't load.
Code: [Select]
Feb 10 13:13:28 2009] os_szline requested unload...
[Feb 10 13:13:28 2009] debug: trying to load core module [os_szline]
[Feb 10 13:13:28 2009] debug: status: [6][Module Error, Error during load time or module returned MOD_STOP]
[Feb 10 13:13:28 2009] os_svsnick requested unload...
[Feb 10 13:13:28 2009] debug: trying to load core module [os_svsnick]
[Feb 10 13:13:28 2009] debug: status: [6][Module Error, Error during load time or module returned MOD_STOP]
[Feb 10 13:13:28 2009] os_oline requested unload...
[Feb 10 13:13:28 2009] debug: trying to load core module [os_oline]
[Feb 10 13:13:28 2009] os_umode requested unload...
[Feb 10 13:13:28 2009] debug: trying to load core module [os_umode]
i guess os_oline is not supported by hybrid. but what about the rest ? is it possible to run os_svsnick and os_umode with hybrid ? its not too necessary. but sometimes svsnick and umode commands can be useful.

and another question: i have an old database stored in files and want to convert it into mysql. even if i put these .db files into anope dir, services loading data only from mysql, and then overriding .db files with it. is there already any convert tool exist?

Trystan Scott Lee

• Contributor
Re: question about ircd hybrid+anope
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2009, 12:51:09 PM »

hyrbrid does not with a stock setup support SZLINE (zlines... believe newer hybrids have this), svsnick is a mod to get that function so its not part of anope support of it. oline is an unrealircd function of setting the oper flag rights. umode is basically forcing of user modes via services which is not something hybrid supports.

sql is only used on startup in the 1.8 branch, if configured to do so. Otherwise anope will startup from the db files and store into sql as it goes.
my God my tourniquet, return to me salvation

jr

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2009, 01:17:51 PM »

hyrbrid does not with a stock setup support SZLINE (zlines... believe newer hybrids have this), svsnick is a mod to get that function so its not part of anope support of it. oline is an unrealircd function of setting the oper flag rights. umode is basically forcing of user modes via services which is not something hybrid supports.
thanks. looks like nickname enforser kills user, instead of changing his name to guest. i'm going to try another irc server...

sql is only used on startup in the 1.8 branch, if configured to do so. Otherwise anope will startup from the db files and store into sql as it goes.
found solution: i commented UseRDB line in services.conf, then started services. anope loaded database from .db and command /os update forced it to save data in both db and sql. but now i see many errors in logs about wrong sql queries, trying to fix it.

Charles Kingsley

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2009, 01:28:10 PM »

Did you load tables.sql into mysql beforehand?

jr

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2009, 01:56:07 PM »

Did you load tables.sql into mysql beforehand?
yes, i did. i only changed encoding from latin1 to cp1251 so anope able to save russian names, channels etc in mysql (i have tested it).  but the problem is: i have db files from an old anope services with an old passhash (enc_old). hashes contains ' symbols and mysql considers it as end of string, so query like update table set xxx='yy'zz' returns an error. since its a hash, anope doesn't escape ' symbols i guess..

apologizes for my poor english
« Last Edit: February 10, 2009, 01:57:48 PM by jr »

jr

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2009, 01:22:30 PM »

sorry for long responce, didn't had time for irc.

soultion is simple. i've enable encription module, used for an old .db files, so everything saved in mysql correctly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up