Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Invite List  (Read 5995 times)

Bawitdaba

Invite List
« on: October 26, 2006, 06:31:13 PM »

There are ban, akick, aop,sop,vop other levels lists, it would be nice just to have a list for users to invite themselves.

I think this can be done by putting system in xop and using levels but it would be a nicer way of people on the channel that arent half/op/sop to be able to invite themselves via services...

would be a lot less complicated too

Jobe

• Contributor
    • Anope IRC Services
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2006, 06:40:40 PM »

If you use levels you can change the level on a per channel basis of INVITE which allows a user with the level you specify or higher to invite themselves using /msg ChanServ INVITE #channel

By default when using the levels system INVITE is set to 5 so you need to be equivelent of AOP or higher.

But yeah it would be nice to see an invite list capability or if you use an IRCd which supports it there is an Invite Exception list on some IRCd's using chanel mode +I which works similar to ban exceptions.
Your IP: ()
My IRC Status:

Come along and visit http://www.anopequotes.org/

katsklaw

(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2006, 10:16:19 PM »

There are 2 types of managment systems. xOp and Levels .. there is no combination of the 2. As for the ability to allow certain users to invite themselves, you must enable levels (means disable xop) then set INVITE to a level 1. Add the users you wish to have the ability to invite themselves to have access level 1.
Pages: [1]   Go Up