Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: small issue with BotServ  (Read 2941 times)

Fill

small issue with BotServ
« on: May 01, 2007, 11:52:20 AM »

I have an irc network running three linked servers in different countries.

When there's a netsplit (for example, server2.example.org goes down)

- > when server2.example.org comes back online, he deops all the current opped people right??
Yes, no problem

BUT

server2.example.org also removes the bot status (All the bots from BotServ get their +ao removed, like this:

server2.example.org sets modes: -oooooooao nick1 nick2 nick3 nick4 nick5 nick6 nick7 Bot1 Bot1

where bot1 is an official bot from BotServ
)

And so, i have to restart the services...

but if i type /samode #channel -ao bot bot, when the server removes the bot status, the bot autommaticly replaces his +ao

so, why doesn't he do that when the server2 comes back from the netsplit?

Jobe

• Contributor
    • Anope IRC Services
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2007, 12:58:01 PM »

This is a timesynching issue, which also already has a bug report as Anope doesnt yet fully support TS in SJOIN's.

Basically Anope is completly unaware that the bot has been deopped. Its as simple as that.

Just so you are aware this has ocured on the official Anope support channel so they are fully aware of it.

[Edited on 1-5-2007 by Jobe1986]
Your IP: ()
My IRC Status:

Come along and visit http://www.anopequotes.org/

SNU

• Anope User
    • http://www.firstclassirc.com
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2007, 02:17:27 PM »

Jobe, you made my awareness completely mad ^^

Fill, you can Try to set the clocks on your 3 Servers and you can use module os_tssync maybe it helps until its fixed on anope.

jilles

• Anope User
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2007, 11:14:30 PM »

Setting your clocks exactly will not avoid this particular bug. If the channel is recreated on services's restarted hub server it will be deopped when the other servers come back, no way around that.

Server-server, this deopping does not happen via -o mode changes. Instead, the losing server (higher TS) clears its modes on receipt of the winner's channel description (SJOIN), and the winning server ignores the loser's modes. While this is not as obvious as having the winner send deops to the loser (which Run's original TS8 code did, from which dreamforge is derived), it is both faster and more reliable.

If you're feeling adventurous, the patch for bug #685 also partly fixes this. It will reop botserv and process -ov on any users, but may desync any other modes on the channel if someone set them on the restarted server. (If this paragraph seems unclear, this patch is not for you.)
Pages: [1]   Go Up