Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Live MySQL Queries  (Read 5270 times)

Moogey

Live MySQL Queries
« on: September 04, 2006, 04:19:14 AM »

Hi,

My suggestion is that an option be created where everything can be run off live MySQL queries rather than being "cached" into files.  

It shouldn't slow things down that much -- and if it does, you can turn it off. Hence why it's an option. Besides, websites with tons of traffic do live queries all the time.

The reason is I want a website to be able to modify Anope values and have them affected live.

One good way this can be very useful is if you tie a web forum's user base with the Anope user base. Whenever a user signs up on the forum, for example, they can be immediately signed up on Anope as well.

What do you think? (And don't forget, it would be an option you can turn on and off it you don't want it!)

[Edited on 4-9-2006 by Moogey]

Dags400

(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2006, 04:50:12 AM »

I believe its allready been addressed.. make a module apparently that allows you to change the values as well as make it "live"

Jan Milants

• Team
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2006, 11:53:40 AM »

anope 1.7 and the upcoming stable 1.8 will not have this feature. it is something that is planned for the next phase though, but i have no clue when you can be expecting that.... not anytime soon at least

My suggestion is that an option be created where everything can be run off live MySQL queries rather than being "cached" into files

this is not true... the .db files are being used in the same way as the mysql is being used.. to store data in between restarts or to keep backups. just like the mysql database, the .db files are not being changed everytime someone changes his pass or so. the .db's are - as far as i know - like mysql only being used to write to while anope s running, the database anope works with is completely loaded in the memory.
as for slowing it down, there has to be a huge difference between doing a mysql query or just looking something up in the memory or cache... dunno how that s gonna solved, maybe by using multiple threads or so, don't know, but the mysql support you are looking for is scheduled for the next branch, which i think will be 2.0...

there is a way to do what you are looking for with current branch though, but i have never tried it.
take a look at the xmlrpc module... Trystan has an example here: http://www.nomadinc.net/mymods/files/nomadxmlrpc.tar.gz
If you like me donate coins to 1FBmZVT4J8WAUMHKqpWhgNVj3XXnRN1cCk :)

Trystan Scott Lee

• Contributor
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2006, 04:16:57 PM »

like to point out the link Viper gave is not to a module but a xmlrpc library that I wrote, which anyone whom can code can combine into their module, this is the same library that Atheme used to give them this type functionality
my God my tourniquet, return to me salvation
Pages: [1]   Go Up