Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: OS TSSYNC help  (Read 6560 times)

WilliamWikked

• Anope User
    • WikkedWire IRC Network
OS TSSYNC help
« on: March 24, 2008, 03:09:25 AM »

Question, I used to use OS TSSYNC and when I installed the newest Anope (1.7.21), I tried loading the module and it wouldn't work. The .so is in the modules dir, but OS won't load it..?

os_szline.so
cs_appendtopic.so      hs_set.so        ns_suspend.so       os_tssync.so

<William> modload os_tssync
<OperServ> Unable to load module os_tssync

Ideas? :/

Sorry if I'm missing something, it's been forever since we upgraded Anope (something like 1.7.14 or something)

Thanks,
William
WikkedWire IRC Network
Proud Anope Donator.

Jan Milants

• Team
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2008, 10:51:23 AM »

did you recompile the module from the source? a .so is compiled for a specific version of anope..

and it s always possible the module no longer works on latest release since it is no longer being maintained..

os_tssync is just an ugly fix, the best way to solve TS problems is running NTP clients on all your servers..
If you like me donate coins to 1FBmZVT4J8WAUMHKqpWhgNVj3XXnRN1cCk :)

katsklaw

(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2008, 10:52:55 AM »

additionally that message doesn't tell us anything more than it told you .. try reading your logs.

WilliamWikked

• Anope User
    • WikkedWire IRC Network
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2008, 03:56:09 PM »

[Mar 24 10:53:04.229734 2008] Trying to load module [os_tssync]
[Mar 24 10:53:04.229900 2008] Runtime module location: /home/hub/services/modules/runtime/os_tssync.so.ciCcec
[Mar 24 10:53:04.243868 2008] Module os_tssync is compiled against an older version of anope (unknown)
[Mar 24 10:53:04.243920 2008] Rebuild module os_tssync against the current version to resolve this error
[Mar 24 10:53:04.243946 2008] Module loading status: 6 (Module Error, Error during load time or module returned MOD_STOP)

Ok, so how do I fix this?

I tried make modules in the Anopexxx folder but it still won't load, so is it perilous to try?

I know it may be ugly, but I have no idea how to run NTP and Google's version seems a bit technical to me (Not really into networking in linux too much, kind of a noob to linux in general.)
WikkedWire IRC Network
Proud Anope Donator.

n00bie

• Anope User
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2008, 08:25:11 AM »

try 'make clean' or 'make distclean' and re-compile the module. it might work
I am always doing things that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it.

WilliamWikked

• Anope User
    • WikkedWire IRC Network
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2008, 06:40:44 PM »

Still didn't work :/
WikkedWire IRC Network
Proud Anope Donator.

Jan Milants

• Team
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2008, 07:34:27 PM »

i still think you aren't recompiling the module...
you probably upgraded to a new anope, installed it, but never copied the modules' source into anope-1.7.21/src/modules .... therefore the version in services/ remains the  version compiled for your previous version of anope.

and you should really look into NTP... it being "technical" is imo just another way of saying "i m lazy"... if you don't know something, learn about it... you installed anope once for a first time.
another reason is that os_tssync is no longer available or maintained and therefore will sooner or later become outdated and incompatible with newer releases.

btw, if you just run your ircd on a shell, it's your hosts' job to make sure the time is synced since you need root to run NTP.
if that s just case, all it takes is a mail to your host complaining they don't run NTP. though personally i would really reconsider staying with the host since installing NTP should be the first thing any decent server admin does...

[Edited on 1-4-2008 by Viper]
If you like me donate coins to 1FBmZVT4J8WAUMHKqpWhgNVj3XXnRN1cCk :)

WilliamWikked

• Anope User
    • WikkedWire IRC Network
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2008, 06:38:55 PM »

We're on a dedicated shell so that pretty much makes me the admin, I guess. heh.

Anyways, how do I check if NTP is installed? If not, how do I get it?  We're running RH FC 7

:/

[Edited on 2-4-2008 by WilliamWikked]
WikkedWire IRC Network
Proud Anope Donator.
Pages: [1]   Go Up