Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Crontab Error  (Read 13422 times)

Kanegasi

• Anope User
Crontab Error
« on: October 31, 2008, 04:25:22 PM »

I set up crontab to check services every 5 minutes. Every 5 minutes, I get this server notice:

*** Notice -- Link [<host>@<ip>] cancelled, server services.<host>.com already exists from services.<host>.com

It seems that the crontab script not only checks services running, but it initiates a link, whether the link exists or not. I'd rather not disable my snomasks, so is there any way to stop crontab from initiating a link if one exists? I also apologize if there's a similar thread, because I couldn't find one. Thank you.

Jobe

• Contributor
    • Anope IRC Services
Re: Crontab Error
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2008, 05:11:39 PM »

That usually happens when someone or something deletes the .pid file containing Anope's process ID.

To rectify, you have 2 options:
1) shut down Anope then start it from the shell manually again
2) use "ps ux" to find Anope's process ID then type "echo <pid> > services.pid" (where <pid> is the process ID) in the services directory.
Your IP: ()
My IRC Status:

Come along and visit http://www.anopequotes.org/

Kanegasi

• Anope User
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2008, 07:08:27 PM »

Neither worked. Shutdown services and restarted it manually. No dice. Did the echo thing. Even verified there was a services.pid file in the services directory. Still happened. I used top in my ssh client and watched crontab start up a second services process, then it went away when the connection refused. I'm gonna try shutting down services and let crontab start them, then see if it starts them again.

Jobe

• Contributor
    • Anope IRC Services
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2008, 07:09:48 PM »

A services.pid file existing won't matter unless it contains the correct process ID.

At this point I would suggest trying UnrealIRCd's crontab .chk script (modified to work with Anope of course) and see if you have any luck with that.
Your IP: ()
My IRC Status:

Come along and visit http://www.anopequotes.org/

Kanegasi

• Anope User
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2008, 07:26:44 PM »

Okay, I modified the UnrealIRCd chk file and saved it as services.chk in the services directory, replacing the old one. I restarted services to make sure the pid file is fresh. Didn't work.

Kanegasi

• Anope User
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2008, 07:45:02 PM »

Oh boy, I'm a dumbass. My binaries are in the main dir, but the operating files I installed into a folder called core. I remember the warning that the crontab would need to be modified if you didn't install the binaries and the operating files in the same directory, which is impossible because the setup program doesn't allow you. I've tried.

So I modified UnrealIRCd's modified chk and it works now. Not sure if I just want to leave it that way, or mod the example.chk from Anope. Either way, thank you for your help.

EDIT: Nvm... it doesn't work. I'm messing with the Anope chk file right now.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2008, 08:08:13 PM by Kanegasi »
Pages: [1]   Go Up