Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: db convert tool ircservices 5.1 -> anope  (Read 6401 times)

youph

• Anope User
db convert tool ircservices 5.1 -> anope
« on: August 13, 2009, 02:40:26 AM »

I spoke with Viper in #anope today about this feature. There apparently was a python script written a few years back but the attachment is no loger valid http://forum.anope.org/index.php?topic=1369.0

Ircservices looks like its not going to be actively developed by 2011, so along with myself, there will probably be other admins looking for a new services package. But if we can't get our info into anope, we'll need to look elsewhere.

Ircservices does have the ability to export in an xml format http://www.ircservices.za.net/docs/b.html
And theres also the possibility to look at ircservices' inport code for anope to help ease the conversion

Trystan Scott Lee

• Contributor
Re: db convert tool ircservices 5.1 -> anope
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2009, 03:34:02 PM »

I'd be up to give it a try, but I would need a database or xml output from ircservices, since I do not run them I would not have a 100% complete db to work with to try and make it work.

Anyone want to contribute some example dbs and I would give this a go
my God my tourniquet, return to me salvation

brian

• Anope User
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2010, 05:33:55 PM »

I created a second services instance using the old version4 database type.  I then started it with -import and fed it the XML import from my current version.  Then I ran the is2an script posted by another user on the v4 instance's database directory and it seems to have done the job.

It's a bit more circuitous than a single-step conversion, but so far, so good.

brian

• Anope User
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2010, 09:39:24 PM »

Meh, check that.  It looks like the channel levels didn't come over properly.  Many of them are listed as -9999 even though they existed previously.  Sorry for the thread-zombification. =)
Pages: [1]   Go Up