Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Account Names Support  (Read 4599 times)

Swampy

Account Names Support
« on: December 27, 2012, 03:19:18 AM »

I was wondering, since UnrealIRCd 3.2.10 has now been released, There is a new feature which I am hoping could be implemented into the Anope 1.8.x Branch.

From UnrealIRCd Changelog: (http://forums.unrealircd.com/viewtopic.php?t=8122)
"ESVID support: services can communicate the account name of the user back to the IRCd."

I assume this would then give the line "Nick is logged in as Nick" on a /WHOIS query, which would be a very useful feature to implement, as most IRCd's now appear to show this line.

Please could someone code this change into Anope, Many Thanks in Advance.

katsklaw

• Supporter
  • Anope User
Re: Account Names Support
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2012, 04:27:35 AM »

This can't be a true account login as Anope 1.8 doesn't support accounts. However, it's possible to emulate to a certain degree by having a small module that triggers when a nick identifies to push the display nick as the SVID but all it will do is display in the /whois output but no other support for accounts. For example: You cannot then ban accounts via extban ~a:account, you'd have to use extban ~R:nick

Swampy

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2012, 09:36:44 AM »

I'd be happy with that method, The specific "Account Name" features of the IRCd I would not be too bothered about, as normal channel bans will still work etc.

Many Thanks for your quick reply.

katsklaw

• Supporter
  • Anope User
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2012, 07:42:02 PM »

So you know, I wasn't volunteering to write the module per se. I was commenting on the possibility and ease of doing this specific task and noting caveats that may come with it. However, since it's a simple module I may get around to it or I may not (time restrictions).

After some thought, you may be able to use extban ~a:account. I'm not sure but ~R:nick certainly will work.

To be honest, this is one of those modules that would be perfect for someone wanting to learn. *hint* *hint* :)
« Last Edit: December 27, 2012, 07:46:29 PM by katsklaw »
Pages: [1]   Go Up