Anope IRC Services

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem with the services.conf file  (Read 4944 times)

Allard

• Anope User
Problem with the services.conf file
« on: February 17, 2009, 07:49:26 PM »

Hi,
I've download Anope services, which I'm running with Unrealircd on a Windows Vista platform, and all it works fine. There's only one problem left, it's about a file in the Anope services installation directory:

So I downloaded the Anope services, and installed it. Shortly after the installation I renamed the example file in the data directory to services.conf. In the file, were no enters, only spaces, so I've been confirming my server information by searching with CTRL + F. You understand that this way, is not a pretty way of mananing my file, I only see a file filled out with words with no enters.

Can someone download the latest stable windows release, and copy the ALL the text out of the file "example" located in the directory data in the installation directory, and post it here?
Thanks in advance, then I can read my file normally, and stop messing arround with CTRL + F.

Note: I'm new with IRC, servers and stuff like that.. Also sorry for my bad English (I'm Dutch)

Kind regards,
Allard

« Last Edit: February 17, 2009, 07:54:21 PM by Allard »

Jan Milants

• Team
Re: Problem with the services.conf file
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2009, 08:08:12 PM »

There are enters or newlines if you wish.. you just need to open it with a proper text editor. The file is ANSI encoded UNIX format, I m guessing you are just using notepad or so which can only get along well with windows format.. get a proper text editor like Notepad++ (search on google) and it won't have any problem opening the config properly.
If you like me donate coins to 1FBmZVT4J8WAUMHKqpWhgNVj3XXnRN1cCk :)

Allard

• Anope User
Re: Problem with the services.conf file
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2009, 09:23:17 PM »

I've downloaded Notepad++, and everything works fine now.

Thank you!
Pages: [1]   Go Up